Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

post formatting doesn't work in an iPad?

I've noticed I cannot format my posts (change fonts, make lists, etc) when posting from my iPad. Every button is greyed out. Is this deliberate or a bug in the forum software?
Rochester, MN  --- Large BGE

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Deliberate me thinks. The toolbar has never worked on iOS devices.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Are you on looking at the mobile site or the desktop site? On my droid, the mobile site has nothing but the desktop works the same.
  • SamMiller0
    SamMiller0 Posts: 38
    @Eggcelsior I'm not actively navigating to a mobile site, so wherever eggheadforum.com auto-detects and directs me.

I don't know much about the Vanilla software that powers this site, so I suspect @cazzy is correct that it just doesn't work. I'll poke around a bit and see what the Internet has to say.
  • SamMiller0
    Found a link confirming what @cazzy thought.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    I was visiting a site today where I was trying to buy something that cost $1,800 and I got a popup telling me that they did not support browsers on mobile platforms. It said I must log in on a PC to shop their site. I used the feedback link and mentioned in the last quarter tablet type devices outsold PC devices. I am not going to adapt my browsing habits to suit their site. They needed to taylor their site to their users not the other way around. Oh and I would be buying from a site that supports tablets. Sale lost.

I just think this type of thing  is inexcusable when you are browsing the full version of a website. That goes for this forum.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • SamMiller0
    @jfm0830 I agree 100%. If you click through the link in my previous comment, the Vanilla staff member says

There are compatibility issues [when using an iPad]

Which as a Software Engineer, sounds to me like a bug in their product. I don't know what the mothership pays for Vanilla, but I'd like to see this fixed.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    @jfm0830 I agree 100%. If you click through the link in my previous comment, the Vanilla staff member says

There are compatibility issues [when using an iPad]

Which as a Software Engineer, sounds to me like a bug in their product. I don't know what the mothership pays for Vanilla, but I'd like to see this fixed.
    I actually did click your link, and when I got there I got the original question and a forum closed message after that. I could not view the actual responses. This only added to my frustration about this topic.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • I hate it too. stupid to not support the number one selling format in the marketplace......
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414

I hate it too. stupid to not support the number one selling format in the marketplace......

Whatcha talkin' bout Willis? Android is the #1 format. I presume you meant device? I think it's more inflexibility by Apple and less software developers.

(Full disclosure: there are 6 Apple devices in my household, 4 mobile including iPad and iPhone)
  • I meant device. I didn't know that the forum supported either tablet format though.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

I hate it too. stupid to not support the number one selling format in the marketplace......

Whatcha talkin' bout Willis? Android is the #1 format. I presume you meant device? I think it's more inflexibility by Apple and less software developers.

(Full disclosure: there are 6 Apple devices in my household, 4 mobile including iPad and iPhone)
    All I have to say is the mobile Internet before the original iPhone released was pretty stinking crappy and very unusable. As a person who has owned (and sold every iPhone for very good profit), I'm thankful that the iPhone has revolutionized the mobile phone industry.

Now we have options because everyone had to step their game up! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....