Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 EggHead Forum Rub & Sauce Exchange

Comments

• chris123stock
    chris123stock Posts: 664
    very cool idea, im in.
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490

BOWHUNR said:
    I'm in.  Never done this through Elfster before.  At what point does the system assign our "elves"?

Mike
    I haven't used it either, but I'm guessing that the names will be drawn after the sign up deadline: May 27 2013

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    It's a good idea to put your "handle" in brackets after your first name as well

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    BOWHUNR said:
    I'm in.  Never done this through Elfster before.  At what point does the system assign our "elves"?

Mike
    Can't help you there, you see, I'm kind of an idea guy myself

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Count me in.  Great Idea.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    In your profile there is a place for nickname...just another option.  It shows up in the list in "" between the first and last name. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Little Steven
    Thought I did that but it didn't show

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Thought I did that but it didn't show

Yes it does. I had to go back and do "edit" for it to stick.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    I'm in.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136

I was just about to suggest this Steven...thanks for posting!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    edited May 2013
    quote:
    • $25 limit
    • Care packages should be shipped by June 28th so everyone receives it for July 4th cooks.
    the above guidelines may not be practical for exchanges between US and canuck eggers ... for starter Canada Post fees can easily eat up a big chunk of $25... also, allow at least two weeks for delivery mainly due to customs delay, case in point: a kind US egger mailed me a pin and it took 15 days; the same pin got to Sweden in about a week. 
    canuckland
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    What if the canucks exchange exclusively... Kinda sucks but...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    I agree with fred, but it does not make sense to spend 25$ shipping a 10$ rub... Let's just see what happens, Im willing to make it work for our brothers up north.

XLBGE 
  • cazzy
    If I have to pay a lil extra for drawing lil steven, then it is what it is. Heck I just spent $40 on rub to try out Oakridge. I try not to keep track anymore...lol
  • Little Steven
    edited May 2013
    quote:
    • $25 limit
    • Care packages should be shipped by June 28th so everyone receives it for July 4th cooks.
    the above guidelines may not be practical for exchanges between US and canuck eggers ... for starter Canada Post fees can easily eat up a big chunk of $25... also, allow at least two weeks for delivery mainly due to customs delay, case in point: a kind US egger mailed me a pin and it took 15 days; the same pin got to Sweden in about a week. 
    Gary for Gawd sakes! You are the richest man I know, pay the extra 5 bucks for express

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168

I agree with fred, but it does not make sense to spend 25$ shipping a 10$ rub... Let's just see what happens, Im willing to make it work for our brothers up north.
    Shipping costs will not be a consideration for me. I will buy the same for anybody. MCN, none of this including buying expensive cookers passes a financial cost/benefit analysis. We do it because we love it and like to interact with other eggheads.

If you think about our obsession with an objective eye too much it just falls apart. That's why its not uncommon to read here "I try not to think about it too much."
    Flint, Michigan
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    I am so in!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• cazzy
    Ok...question then with this new development.

$25 total or $25 before shipping?
  • michigan_jason
    My solution for those members from the States that draw a member from the Great White North is to mail early and make it happen. I'm willing to pay the price if I draw a Canuck. I think that should be understood that's the chance you take signing up for this. Those not willing to do that should withdraw. Good point about mailing early.
    I'm a gambler, plus I sell and ship 100 laptops a month from my house and get a good discount on shipping worldwide :)

Good call though, it really isn't that bad other than needing the customs declaration form which is just 3 pages of paperwork. No biggie. I can't wait for this.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited May 2013
    I'm with michigan jason.

$25 of shasta, then shipping. If there is an issue with Canadian delivery, Fred will hand deliver them. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    I'm down Fred.

25$ worth of product works for me too

XLBGE 
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Yep, me too.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Eggcelent.  I'm still in.

• Little Steven
    OK boys, (and girls) let's see if we can get 12 pages outa this puppy. :))

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• michigan_jason

OK boys, (and girls) let's see if we can get 12 pages outa this puppy. :))
    Ok

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    I am in!  Little Steven, you still in charge of La Bamba distribution???
  • I have to aplogize.  I don't know if I can handle 12 pages.  As a friend use to tell me, I have the attention span of a gnat.