Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp Boil and Garlic bread

Scottborasjr
Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
Egged Garlic bread, otherwise off topic.
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• Scottborasjr
    edited May 2013
    Trying a different picture. Damn cell phone pics.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Looks like quite a feast! That is a fun thing to make. You egged the bread so it still counts :)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Looks great.  I love those cooks where you throw them out on newspaper.  Usually, I have a bunch of mud bugs along with the shrimp.  Is that sausage in there too?  Andouille?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    I'm planning on doing one of these for Father's Day ... I can't wait - Great cook
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Love doing boils! And yours looks great. What do you use for seasoning?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Scottborasjr
    @VillageIdiot, yeah there was Andoule sausage in there too. Kind of our substitute for crawfish around here because the crawfish are hard to come by.

@Griffin I'd have to look it up to remember exactly what we did but it was basically the standard Old Bay Shrimp Boil recipe with some garlic powder, onion powder, and some tabasco. There were a few beers and whiskeys involved in this production.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Evidently you don't know shrimp. It looks all wrong. After a illustrious football career at the University of Alabama the army sent me to Vietnam. I then spent some time playing ping pong in China. My final occupation was being a shrimp boat captain. After hiring a legless deckhand we started really bringing them in. I grew the business into a small fleet and eventually retired and worked at the local high school.

My partner Bubba taught me several dozen ways to cook shrimp. Eventually I opened a chain of restaurants. Basically I'm sharing this with you so you'll realize I know more than you do.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Scottborasjr
    I should have known @henapple would have known a better way. He probably can spread his boil over much more expensive newspapers. My expertise with shrimp is small so I appreciate his advice. In all seriousness I'm seriously contemplating meeting him in Paducha for some Ozark Oak and that's a 8 hour drive for me.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I should have known @henapple would have known a better way. He probably can spread his boil over much more expensive newspapers. My expertise with shrimp is small so I appreciate his advice. In all seriousness I'm seriously contemplating meeting him in Paducha for some Ozark Oak and that's a 8 hour drive for me.
    He better offer you some rubs too. Make it worth your while.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I usually pour my boil out over playboy pics... Kinda like dessert after the meal... Buy it does make me eat faster.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    henapple said:
    I usually pour my boil out over playboy pics... Kinda like dessert after the meal... Buy it does make me eat faster.

=))

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.