Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to cook tonight?

robnybbq
robnybbq Posts: 1,911
Looking for something easy to cook for dinner tonight since its finally going to be warm out and I am bringing the TV on the deck to watch the Hockey playoffs tonight. 

Looking for something good but easy - About an 1 to 2 hour max cook time if needed.  Not allot of prep time either.

Having homemade burgers on Sunday so they are out for tonight.

Garnerville, NY

Comments

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Pizza? Calzone?
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Pork tenderloin...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Steaks, chicken, pork chops, fish, stir fry .... the list is endless.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    How about some crispy wings to go with that hockey game??
  • robnybbq
    I thought about wings.  I have been craving some Asian Thai type wings - Any good recipes?

One of these days I will break out the wok I got for Christmas. 

Garnerville, NY
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Cazzy's wings are the bomb.com

• EvansEgger
    EvansEgger Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    I made BBQ chicken last night (everyone said the best I ever made-crispy skin and very juicy). Chicken always comes out great on the Egg, but this time the rub and crispness were 100% on point. Tonight will be pork chops, potatoes, collards, and mac n cheese.
    Go Hogs Go
  • robnybbq
    I can make spatchcock chicken good - breasts always fail miserably,  Even cooking to temp (Thermopen) they come out bad and never juicy.

Cooked some chicken tenders (breasts sliced up) on Sunday for tacos and they were blah and dry.

I will not have time to leave the wings out overnight as I will have to buy them on the way home and coat them with some rub and onto the grill.  Will they still come out crispy (without overcooking them)?

Garnerville, NY
  • EvansEgger
    EvansEgger Posts: 54
    Rob, I mixed a ratio of 70% rub 30% cornstarch on my chicken last night, cooked high in the dome at 400 degrees dome direct and they come out crispy and perfect.
    Go Hogs Go
  • robnybbq
    Cazzy's wings look great.  Looks like another weekend though due to time constraints.

My wife does not like seafood or I would do a bunch of shrimp.

Will have to go to the supermarket on the way home and see what is left in the meat section.

Garnerville, NY
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    robnybbq said:
    I can make spatchcock chicken good - breasts always fail miserably,  Even cooking to temp (Thermopen) they come out bad and never juicy.

Cooked some chicken tenders (breasts sliced up) on Sunday for tacos and they were blah and dry.

I will not have time to leave the wings out overnight as I will have to buy them on the way home and coat them with some rub and onto the grill.  Will they still come out crispy (without overcooking them)?
    the problem with chicken breasts is that the store splits them. if you can find them whole they cook just like a spatchcock bird. split them after cooking them and they are extremely juicy
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • robnybbq
    If I do not do wings I am thinking one of these.

Stuffed flank(skirt) steak or cheese steak sandwiches.

Garnerville, NY
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    robnybbq Posts: 503
    9:31AM
    I can make spatchcock chicken good - breasts always fail miserably,

My breast instructions posted the other day should solve this.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Do you have the equipment to cook the wings high up in the dome??  Cook indirect at 350 to 375, wings are good "naked" or with your favorite sauce.  Takes about 45 minutes to an hour.  Only thing i put on the wings is poultry seasoning....
  • JeffM
    JeffM Posts: 103
    Skirt steak makes great fajitas.  Just pick up some tortillas, a bell pepper, onions, a lime and Dizzy Pig Fajitaish.   Use a small cast iron to do the peppers and onions while grilling the meat.
  • JeffM
    JeffM Posts: 103
    Another thought- pick up some sirloin , a bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Marinade and stick on a skewer= shish kabobs.  Both quick and tasty