Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick customer service

I have a little issue with my cheap ol' Maverick ET 73 I received last Father's Day. I called customer service regarding the warranty and it was only 90 days. At first I was sad because it knew the warranty period was past due but Prescilla asked me what the issue was. I told her my on and off switch was loose and does not catch on.

Easily said, Prescilla tells me to just mail in the defective part with a note describing what the problem was and they will take a look at it. And if it cannot be repaired it would be replaced. No questions asked whatsoever!!!! I am one very amazed and happy Egger!!!

Comments

• Good to know.  From what I've seen posted lately, most products sold to us eggers have good customer service.  I sure hope it stays that way.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    I have NO PROBLEM with their customer service -- but can't afford to keep buying new probes.
  • Socalcajudo
    Socalcajudo Posts: 132
    Charlie tuna. What's the issue with your probes? Are the readings off by a lot. I had an issue with that before and noticed that the wire would slip out of the probe a little by about 1-2 inches which altered the temp readings by 35-45degrees. I just pushed it back in place and it works. Just have to make sure after foiling the probe and remaining wire, the wire doesn't pull back out.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    My first set went out and were quickly replace, the second set went out about three months later, never had them in water and theywere always wrapped in foil and routed away from the hot spots.  I bought the next set and they lasted about three months.  Off course each time they went out, i was in a pinch on some "important cook" (hey, ain't they all important!).  Thats when i just gave up!!  Went to a restaurant supply and carefully read all the information on their electronic probe devises.  Found out, none of them were much about three hundred degrees.  Started using my DidiQ on anything even if i just wanted to monitor the internal (no fan).  Their customer service was great!! 
  • Socalcajudo
    Socalcajudo Posts: 132
    Must be nice having a digi q huh?
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    I must be lucky.  I never wrap, or do anything special with my probes.  I clean them by submerging them in water.  I run them over 500 degrees often ... and while the maverick shows an error at higher temps, it's starts working again as temp drops.  I only remove the pit sensor for pizza cooks.  1.5 years later, no issues.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'll never buy another. 90 warranty? My underwear from Walmart has a better warranty.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    From the 7 or 8 posts above it is obvious you either Love your Maverick or you hate it. Right after I got mine, the probes started with the dreaded LLL or HHH or some other really wrong temp. Pricilla sent me some new ones, worked like a champ since. (Thee old probes were <3' cables, the new ones are longer <5')
    I only use my Mav for indirects and I do foil my probe cable junction. For under $60 with a service department like I've experienced, I have no hesitation in recommending  a Maverick ET-732 to my friends
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • gpsegg
    gpsegg Posts: 427
    My receiver on my 732 stopped working way after warranty had expired......I called them.....they said if I returned it to them, they would repair or replace.......Within days, had a new receiver! Thats what I call outstanding customer service and standing behind your product!
    George
    Palm Beach Gardens, Fl and Blairsville, Ga.
  • Davekatz
    Davekatz Posts: 763
    Ditto - I had nothing but good experiences with Maverick customer service.
    Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.