Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Salmon

Options
A tiny break out of the rut.

Grilled salmon, direct raised grid at 400.  EVOO and Tsunami rub.  Skin side down for 15 minutes, flesh side down for 5.

The cabbage and tomatoes in the salad are from our garden.

Great lunch for tomorrow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Great looking cook! I have never like salmon except for lox. Might have to give it a go on the egg.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    hapster said:
    Great looking cook! I have never like salmon except for lox. Might have to give it a go on the egg.
    I love lox (cold smoked salmon), but I bet you would like a hot smoke salmon.  You can eat it hot, or chill completely.

I do mine by coating with a favorite rub (Traeger Sweet works) or marinating (Dichickos Garlic), or just lashing something together with usually includes brown sugar.

Refrigerate overnight under plastic wrap.  Let sit a few hours in the fridge either tented or just uncovered.

Cook indirect raised grid at as close to 180 you can hold, with a mild smoke until the temp is 125-130 with the albumin leaking out.

Serve hot, or cold, with crackers, cream cheese, cucumber and lemon.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Oops, previous pic was a before.  Here's an after.

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Looks good. I like adding some maple syrup.
    Lynnwood WA
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    Options
    can't beat it, just do not overcook.
  • SWVABeanCounter
    Options
    Looks great.  I usually put a tab of butter on mine.  Thanks for sharing the hot smoked recipe.  It's bookmarked.  Won't have time this weekend, but next week for sure.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

Looks great!

I'm doing grouper tonight - what IT should I cook it to? Similar to salmon? I have smoked salmon before with great results, but have not tried other fish.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    caliking said:

Looks great!

I'm doing grouper tonight - what IT should I cook it to? Similar to salmon? I have smoked salmon before with great results, but have not tried other fish.

I would say so, but check to see if it is flaky.  Is it skin on fillets?  I flipped the salmon due to force of habit, actually you don't have to flip from the skin side if your dome is good and hot.

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Nice looking meal!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio