Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Brisket Help!!!,

Have a big party next week end and the wife wants Brisket. We can't find any thing over 10lbs so far. So I picked up two, a 10.6lb and a 9.2lb one. I have a large BGE. When I lay them on the grid in the they barely fit. Will this work? Do I need a certain amount of air movement around each?
PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......

Comments

• Alton
    Alton Posts: 509
    edited April 2013
    @TheCen-TexSmoker. When your head clears, I really could us your advise before next week end...enjoy Austin !
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    You should be fine but you might want to rotate the grid occasionally so the same parts aren't over the exposed slots on the edges of platesetter the whole time.

That and when you get the chance, get a Woo, Adjustable Rig, or other multi-level grate system.  I've been meaning to buy one for years and still haven't :))
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Alton
    You should be fine but you might want to rotate the grid occasionally so the same parts aren't over the exposed slots on the edges of platesetter the whole time.

That and when you get the chance, get a Woo, Adjustable Rig, or other multi-level grate system.  I've been meaning to buy one for years and still haven't :))
    I have this swing rig.. I didn't even think about it... Would this be a better way to go?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Alton said:

I have this swing rig.. I didn't even think about it... Would this be a better way to go?
    That's how I would do it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    +1 with @Foghorn-also put some foil on your cooking grids where the brisket could be exposed to the direct heat (outside the platesetter).  Given you monitor both, unless identical twins:)  then the cook times will be totally independent.  I would run the larger one on top or you can rotate them during the cook.  (Closer to the dome on indirect is usually a hotter environment.)  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @travisstrickland... Ask the award winner.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Alton
    henapple said:
    @travisstrickland... Ask the award winner.

@travisstrickland ?
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486