Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: "The Baking Steel" Group Buy details (This is live now)

Options
Ok I talked to Andris and he has finalized the pricing, coupon code, and details of the group buy so here we go.

Who: Anyone who owns a Big Green Egg
What: "The Baking Steel" steel designed to make really good pizzas either in the oven or in the egg
Where: www.bakingsteel.com
Why: Because we like great quality food!
When: Deadline for ordering is this Sunday 4/21/13 end of day!!!!!
How: Coupon code "biggreenegg"

Ok, now to the nitty gritty: (PLEASE READ THIS!!!!)

1. $15 custom order fee is waved. (Yes round is custom from what he designed the Steel to be).

2. Price of each 1/4" round Baking Steel is $76 with free shipping to anywhere in the US. The size of the Baking Steel will NOT affect price. So one for an XL will cost the same as one for a mini, this is the only clean way Andris could do this order.

3. You may order as many as you like, please just specify the sizes (see #4 below).

4. Specifiy in the "Order Notes" what size you want. For Example "15 Inch Diameter." or "10 Inch Diameter."

5. Only MA has sales tax, if you live there, sorry you will need to pay it.

6. If you are wanting 1/2" Baking Steel please PM for more information, Andris is going to a case by case basis on these.

7. Production dates will be from Monday 4/22 thru Saturday 5/4.

8. Andris will ship items out as he is able within the production window.

9. All other items he sells will be normal priced.

10. He at this time is not able to produce a Baking Steel with a rim, he is working on this and may have something in a couple of months.

11. No really you have to order by this Sunday if you want in on this. The code will not work at 12:01AM on Monday 4/22/13.

12. For you Canadians, Andris will need to charge a flat $15 shipping fee. Apparently there is some custom charge as well but it varies I guess??

13. If you want to forward this information to a fellow BGE friend by all means please do so, just don't send it to CNN, ESPN, Maxim or post it on your blog about cats.

If you have concerns/questions please ask.

Disclaimer:
(I am not pretending to be a guru ordering agent and I am not going to pretend this system is perfect, I just like supporting good quality products and people. If you don't want to order, you are not hurting my feelings, just don't rant and rave about why please.)

Comments

• porkman
    porkman Posts: 20
    Options
    Thanks for making this happen!
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I'm assuming by the way #2 is worded that means he can go from 8 inches to 21 or so inches and anything in between?  I'm debating seeing if I could get a twelve or thirteen in so I could use it in either my Large or my Medium.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Thanks Fletch! What are other XL guys planning on ordering? On my raised grill the top is 20 inches diameter so I'm thinking a 21 inch steel... Any thoughts?
    Lynnwood WA
  • jimreed777
    jimreed777 Posts: 324
    Options
    I am thinking 14" for medium and 16" for large. I use the 16" pizza stone in my large on the rig extender now...so it is way up in the dome. I used to cook pizza on my 14" BGE stone in my medium quite high in the dome.

Anyone have any other opinions? I think those two sizes for medium and large would work well. especially because I will be using this as I griddle for burgers and steaks quite a bit just a bit above the felt line.

• jimreed777
    jimreed777 Posts: 324
    Options
    ordered 2 - thanks again for looking into it when I suggested the group buy...that was awesome. 
  • fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Options
    Yes, you can order the size you need, those were only used as examples.
  • alphacentauri
    Options
    there is about to be a whole lot more pies on the forum, thanks again fletcher!
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    double said:
    Thanks Fletch! What are other XL guys planning on ordering? On my raised grill the top is 20 inches diameter so I'm thinking a 21 inch steel... Any thoughts?
    i have the XL stone from BGE its 21inches round 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Just order my 16" for my LBGE. As others have already said, thanks Fletch. This is great.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    21 inch ordered!
    Lynnwood WA