Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egghead weightloss competition weigh in Monday

Comments

500 Posts: 3,177
    Found a Weight Loss Percentage Calculator for those of you like me who's a little slow in math...

I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    edited April 2013
    3.24% oh well at least it didn't go up!
    Nice one @fishlessman
    Lynnwood WA
  • Haws72688
    Haws72688 Posts: 41
    I wish I would have gotten on these forums sooner!

My egg was actually my self reward for the weight that I've lost as well as the use for my "earnings" after a work weight-loss pool/group goal.

I started at 304 lbs the week before Thanksgiving and have biked/jogged/ and dieted my way down to 223lbs as of this morning.  My original goal was 225, but now that I have the momentum I am looking to get down to an even 200.

Just have to be careful about what and how much I cook on the egg!
    Grand Rapids, MI
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Even though we know I "cheated" to lose weight, I'll still report. Up 3 lbs this week, but still satisfied. Looking forward to seeing what happens as I re-learn how to eat and get my levels under control.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    @fishlessman, holy crap, just looked at your after pictures and you look like a different person!! Way to go!!
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Fletcher, sent you by email the final weigh in pics. I hope you haven't eaten before looking at them.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • double
    @fletcherfam I'm not even bothering with after pics :-)
    Lynnwood WA
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2013

Starting weight was 211lbs

Weighed in today at 196

for a total loss of 7.11%

Fell apart the last month but still kept it under 200.

Again, thanks to fletcherfam for starting this.

It was my first time in any type

of diet contest and it kept me motivated.

I even would start to feel guilty after my 8th  beer, oh, I would still keep drinkin

But I felt bad about it =))

Start a second summer job, soon, that helps keep the pounds off.

Be cool to see how everyone keeps doing

Shane

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    @fishlessman, holy crap, just looked at your after pictures and you look like a different person!! Way to go!!
    still a little to go but feels good not to be carrying around those extra 6 pork butts of weight
    :)) soon as the damage to my rib cage heals i can start eating and working out a bit, eating will be good
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887

Congrats to everyone on their individual weight loss triumphs.  I can't report any real success, but my effort was seriously lacking.  I tried the paleo diet thing for about 10 days, and that's all I lasted.  I think it was too much, too soon.   Oh well...lesson learned. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• My starting weight was 209.4.
    Final weight of 192.6.
    Weight loss of 8.02%

Not as good as I had hoped but still happy with the results.  If we had started 2 months earlier when I was at 225, I would be at a better percent for the contest.  :)

Pictures are on the way.
    Good job everyone!
  • fletcherfam
    Well I fell flat at 208. So 0% weight loss, ha ha ha. Oh well, I am actually really happy with not gaining any weight since Maximus was born. Working out 5-6 days a week, just need to get the food side dialed in, will get there. I will send out the final results of the winners Thursday AM. So far it looks like 500 killed it though.
  • I didn't do nearly as well as I hoped but I'm motivated to keep moving in the right direction.  Starting weight 282.0, todays weight 254.6, by my calculation I've dropped 9.7%.  More importantly I'm hitting the gym, running and meeting monthly with a dietician.  Ten years ago I was at 205, hopefully the needle keeps moving that direction. 

A big thanks to Fletcherfam for getting this going and I'll send you the after pics tomorrow morning.

Congrat's to everyone who participated, are we going to keep posting weekly or monthly to the motivation in place?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• fletcherfam
    I think one of the most encouraging things about this competition is to see all of us continue eating on the egg (for the most part), losing weight, and wanting to continue this process.

We will be doing a 6 month prize of an AMS Smoker for percentage of weightloss as well.
  • fletcherfam
    @Hokie_Smoker, weight to go, basically 30 pounds of lost weight, that is great!!!!
  • fishlessman
    I think one of the most encouraging things about this competition is to see all of us continue eating on the egg (for the most part), losing weight, and wanting to continue this process.

We will be doing a 6 month prize of an AMS Smoker for percentage of weightloss as well.
    will be interesting to see if i can keep this up, bought some oars for the rowboat over the weekend and just bought a second hand specialized rockhopper to kill myself on this spring. hopefully i can keep up with the exercise part, i hate this part
    :))
    fukahwee maine

• fletcherfam
    @fishlessman, the key for me is to find an exercise I enjoy. It has taken many years but I found once I am in shape I actually enjoy running. I like riding my bike too but just not on the roads.
  • fishlessman
    @fishlessman, the key for me is to find an exercise I enjoy. It has taken many years but I found once I am in shape I actually enjoy running. I like riding my bike too but just not on the roads.
    my problem is those 12 ounce curls, if i can find a way to exercise and drink at the same time......

the rowing may work
    :))
    fukahwee maine

• JayHawkEye
    JayHawkEye Posts: 196
    Started at 213.4, finished at 163.0. According to 500's calculator it ended up being 23.6%. My goal was 20% when we started, so I'm pretty pleased. I haven't been this thin since high school. Just wish I still had the hair I hadin high school...
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • fletcherfam
    Last day to send your pictures/post results if you want to complete this thing.
  • fletcherfam
    OK, well the comp is done, but I am going still. Down to 204.6, a loss of about 3lbs last week. Ran a total of 9 miles. Did a 4 miler on Saturday, felt really good afterwards though a little sore of course. Going to do Kettlebell workouts today and a total of 9.5 miles today. Training for a 1/2 marathon in the summer. How did everyone else do?
  • fishlessman
    added a pound but did 4 workouts with the dumbells last week, did an hour and a half rowing the boat out in the lake yesterday. bike is ready to roll, just need a nice day
    fukahwee maine

• I was bad really bad.  I had 4 Maker's, three 24 oz PBR's and 2 vodka/redbull's on Friday night.  That set the tone for the whole weekend.  Back on the right path this morning.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• JayHawkEye
    Honestly, I took last week off. Didn't get on the treadmill, only did pushups and situps. Just got my new heavy weight workout this morning. My goal is to add back about 10 lbs of good, lean weight over the next months. Wife says I'm too skinny. I'd like to be at 175-180 and in SHAPE. Round is not the shape I want to go back to...
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • fletcherfam
    Ok folks, still at 203. Did some pretty good hard workouts this week, Kettlebell workouts Monday and Wednesday, Running 3 miles Tuesday and Thursday and then ran 4.5 miles Saturday in training for a half marathon.

Food wise did good except it was my birthday this weekend so splurged a little.

How did you do?
  • fishlessman
    flip flopping all week between 180 and 182 but getting in a dumbell routine here and there. made pretzels this weekend so that didnt help but thats all i ate. topped with flor de sel , caraway, and dijon. this time i remember making and eating the carbs
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• JayHawkEye
    Didn't eat the best food (which made me mad at myself) but at least I kept it in relative check. Back to healthier eats this week. Strength workouts going good, should probably slip some cardio in. Holding steady at 167.
  • double
    New diet/lifestyle starting today so hopefully this will kick into gear. Gotta get the exercise going again.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2013

Funny, thought, come April 1, I would fall off the diet wagon completely.

Was craving pizza and burgers so bad.

Had the burgers on the weekend with sweet potato fries. Great, but after 1 kiddie sized burger, I was done 

Have a smaller appetite for sure, also trimmed back the beer a little, very little =))

I am starting outside work, so down to 194lbs 

Shane

• fletcherfam
    Just talked to a buddy of mine who is a much more avid runner than I, he is in for the 1/2 marathon on 6/29. Crap now I actually have to do this for sure!!! ha ha ha.