Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cracked Platesetter

Options
I cooked deep dish pizza on Sunday and noticed a hair line crack in my platesetter. It was a year old in January. I seem to remember reading on the forum that there is a year warranty on the platesetter. I wonder if BGE will help a brother out.

I also wonder when I'll find my drip pans laying in my coals.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    3 year warranty. Go back to your dealer and discuss. He will give you a new one.
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    Thanks for the info, @IrishDevl. I'll be heading to my dealer next week.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I need to return my fire ring. My ps has a pretty huge crack in it as well. I guess this week is as good as any.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    I've already had the fire ring replaced. Dealer took care of it without a hitch.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    I replaced my plate setter under warranty and my fire ring. Didn't bother with the fire ring again after the new one cracked. Has been working fine as is.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    I had a hair line crack in my platesetter and it was replaced no issue.

My new platesetter seems to be more supportive, hard to explain, you'll see.

HOLLA.
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    Thanks for the info, @IrishDevl. I'll be heading to my dealer next week.
    You're Welcome, I would give your dealer a call first and explain.  Mine made me email a picture of it before I stopped in for the new one and they also called BGE.  So, he/she may ask for that first.  Just to be safe, I would give a quick call first, explain and let them tell you the procedure.  Good luck
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Just reading the few 'cracked' posts... I never filled out any warranty paperwork as some manufacturers require - does BGE require that? If so, I'll need to dig up the receipt... somehow.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

Just reading the few 'cracked' posts... I never filled out any warranty paperwork as some manufacturers require - does BGE require that? If so, I'll need to dig up the receipt... somehow.

It shouldn't matter. Try the dealer you got it from.

A receipt will work just fine for bge.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    It's been a while, but I think you can do it online with the numbers from the dome. 

My dealer kept records for just such unfortunate circumstance. 

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    I don't think I filled anything out and replaced two plate setters already.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    tazcrash said:
    It's been a while, but I think you can do it online with the numbers from the dome. 

My dealer kept records for just such unfortunate circumstance. 

Taz is correct. I registered my XL this way just last month.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Thanks guys - I'll RTFM next time.  Dome ID is all that is needed.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Called the dealer today. He said they didn't think the accessories had any warranty, but they would call the BGE rep to find out. I Hung up with them and left a message for the BGE rep at the mothership.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • IrishDevl
    Options

Called the dealer today. He said they didn't think the accessories had any warranty, but they would call the BGE rep to find out. I Hung up with them and left a message for the BGE rep at the mothership.

He doesn't know what he talking about. 3 year - tell him IrishDevl said so - that should do the trick
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Perhaps your dealer could look at the warranty info page at: http://www.biggreenegg.com/support/warranty/

Item #2 is pretty clear.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Thanks R2. I'll show him. I know that he'll make it right. I'm glad he was honest with me instead of flat put telling me no, it won't be covered.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    Still think telling him Irishdevl said so is the way to go here, but I guess showing him this might work as well. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    tell him IrishDevl said so - that should do the trick

This is the best advice on the forum. I have gotten 3 promotions at work ('cuz the Devil said so beeyatch), free food at every restaurant I visit, and people bow to me when I enter a room now. My acne has cleared, I get free lump, and every time I walk in to my dealer he hands me a platesetter for nothing. Try it, it's awesome.

"Always Trust The Devil" is my new (and very sketchy) personal motto. What could go wrong?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I can't agree more with Cen Tex.

IrishDevl taught my daughter how to walk too. All by telling her "because IrishDevl said so".

It ends every argument with my wife. I never knew what being "right" felt like until now.

Thank you, Beelzebub of the Emerald isle! 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    "It ends every argument with my wife. I never knew what being "right" felt like until now."

Amen. She also finds me more attractive in the bedroom with my new found confidence. Ba-Boom!

Thanks Devil!

• IrishDevl
    Options
    I am the new Mangrates, YES!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    IrishDevl said:
    I think Henapple and Travis should tell their mangrates that Irish Devil told them to stop rusting. Problem solved

• IrishDevl
    Options

IrishDevl said:

I think Henapple and Travis should tell their mangrates that Irish Devil told them to stop rusting. Problem solved

Now you are talking crazy... We all know henapple turned me down when i asked him to buy me ozark oak and drop it off to me in New Jersey - he turned me down because I like Notre Dame. I refuse to tell his mangrates to stop rusting. Travis on the other hand - fine you can tell your mangrates.