Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crispy Chicken Wings

Options
BamaFan
BamaFan Posts: 658
edited April 2013 in EggHead Forum
I need a good recipe for crispy wings, can anyone help?

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I just mix corn starch in with my rub in a bowl. Cook the wings as high as you can get them in the dome. If you have time, leave them uncovered in fridge before cooking them
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Like to toss mine in baking powder or corn starch....then the rub of your choice. Then go indirect at about 375 deg f dome temp for about 1 to 1.25 hours.....or until they have a fried like texture. The will stay plenty moist even at a high internal temp. You can also go at a high in the dome direct for a shorter time if you prefer. Instead of saucing on the grill, I prefer tossing them in sauce once they come off. Just my humble opinion though. I guess it all depends on the recipe you are using.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Naked - high in the dome @ 375 - No turning - Toss in your favorite sauce and serve!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    I use the corn starch (like @Dyal_SC) over oil, just a bit of both, then rub of choice. 400-425, 1" above the felt line and the skin is crunchy and crisp. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I just mix corn starch in with my rub in a bowl. Cook the wings as high as you can get them in the dome. If you have time, leave them uncovered in fridge before cooking them
    gotta have the cornstarch

XLBGE 
  • Que_n_Brew
    Que_n_Brew Posts: 578
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Like to toss mine in baking powder or corn starch....then the rub of your choice. Then go indirect at about 375 deg f dome temp for about 1 to 1.25 hours.....or until they have a fried like texture. The will stay plenty moist even at a high internal temp. You can also go at a high in the dome direct for a shorter time if you prefer. Instead of saucing on the grill, I prefer tossing them in sauce once they come off. Just my humble opinion though. I guess it all depends on the recipe you are using.
    + 1
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!