Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Many Cunucks Out There ?

Just wondering how many Canadians are on this form and where you are from? I myself am from Meadow Lake Sk. about 3 hours north of Saskatoon. I am just on the south side of the Boreal forest and most of our 100,000 lakes. We are still awaiting spring as there are still snow drifts higher than your truck around. I got interested in Egging after watching legendary  Canadian Chef Micheal Smith use one on " Chef At Home ". I knew then I just had to have one and three years later here I am. I have had my LBGE for just over a year and it is still a pleasure to use every time I fire it up. Can't wait for it to warm up a bit more to enjoy a cold beer and a pizza out on the deck instead of the garage! It has been a looooong winter.
Meadow Lake Sk. LBGE, Stoker, Adjustable rig.

Comments

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    1 more here! Obviously I am from Alberta, 20 min SW of Edmonton out on an acreage. Funny story you had, the first time I saw the BGE on TV and got me interested was from Chef Michael Smith as well. He was just grilling up some blue cheese stuffed bugers with a bit of smoke. Spring is pretty much hit home here, just waiting for a foot or two of snow to melt off in places. Should be almost gone next week.
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I am definitely not a Cunuck! I hate those guys! I'm from the Toronto area and currently in Caledon ON.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    edited April 2013
    Ottawa ON. here. About 15min south to be exact
    I found out about it on Fishing the flats with dr.bbq
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Currently in Sudbury, ON. About 3 1/2 hours north of Toronto. Not sure how I got interested in the Egg, how ever, don't know how I'd do without it anymore..
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Proud Newfoundlander here....love the egg and this forum!!!!

Sick of the damn snow ...hurry up summer i've missed you!!!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • RPreyra
    RPreyra Posts: 7
    Greetings from Mississauga Ontario (near Toronto but we are much nicer) We have an old lady as our mayor (she's 300 years old- no really look it up). I got an egg last summer for my birthday and spent the rest of the year building a nest for it.  My friend Dan (also from Mississauga) is an Egg master so I spend my days undercover hoping to learn his secrets. So far I can cook a mean steak and slow cook ribs. Soon Pizza and pulled pork (dare to dream).  here's a picture of me and my egg - yes I know the charcoal grate is off (i'm from Mississauga remember)!
  • Bjorg
    Bjorg Posts: 241
    Quebec frog checking in here. South shore Montreal!
    Quebec - Canada
  • Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    RPreyra said:
    Greetings from Mississauga Ontario (near Toronto but we are much nicer) We have an old lady as our mayor (she's 300 years old- no really look it up). I got an egg last summer for my birthday and spent the rest of the year building a nest for it.  My friend Dan (also from Mississauga) is an Egg master so I spend my days undercover hoping to learn his secrets. So far I can cook a mean steak and slow cook ribs. Soon Pizza and pulled pork (dare to dream).  here's a picture of me and my egg - yes I know the charcoal grate is off (i'm from Mississauga remember)!

@RPreyra, there are so many things I love about that table, from the light set up, iPad holster, umbrella to the steam whistle bottle opener. Too bad that damn shirt you're wearing ruins the entire setup. :))
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Are all of you Stevens size? =)) Sorry, we love you guys here in Texas. Come on down.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited April 2013
    Mickey said:
    Are all of you Stevens size? =)) Sorry, we love you guys here in Texas. Come on down.
    No, most of us are at least 5'-6", LS is considerably shorter. There is a PaPa Keebler in his past somewhere I think.

Pacific "wet" coast, Delta BC is home. Have cut the grass for the fifth time already, tulips are up and blooming, Easter weekend was beautiful - in the high teens. On the odd occasion we get it, we do shovel snow in our Birkenstocks.....

Kamado user for a few years, Kamado Joe, BGE owner for last couple. Like most in the lower mainland, we cross border shop for our eggs...
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Ehh you talking to me, about 1/2 hour drive north of London Ontario near Lake Huron.

Gerhard

@Canman1976 Cherie and I vacationed in Newfoundland last summer one of the best holidays ever.  Travelled by motorcycle Gross Morne, Northern Peninsula and then St. John's via Twillingate and a couple of other villages.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I really didn't need that Skiddy. Too bad you couldn't dump Luongo on us

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    I really didn't need that Skiddy. Too bad you couldn't dump Luongo on us
    Hate to really up-set things, but I'm a Canadiens fan, Go Habs!
    SWMBO's family were died in the wool Leaf fans, when we were dating her Mom would throw me out every time the Leafs lost a Saturday HNIC game to the Habs, amazing we ever got married!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    gerhardk said:
    Ehh you talking to me, about 1/2 hour drive north of London Ontario near Lake Huron.

Gerhard

@Canman1976 Cherie and I vacationed in Newfoundland last summer one of the best holidays ever.  Travelled by motorcycle Gross Morne, Northern Peninsula and then St. John's via Twillingate and a couple of other villages.
    Happy to hear you enjoyed your visit gerhard !!! Gros morne national park is awesome we go there 3-4 times a year its only a 2 hour drive for us and shallow bay beach is the best!!.Twillingate is so scenic too, best place to see iceburgs for sure!!!!

Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Another Kanatan here, the "village" or settlement/people.  Located in the home if the largest Airforce base in Canada.  Trenton Ontario, 100km west of Kingston and 200 East of Toronto off of the highway of heroes.  
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Skiddymarker
    Rzeancak said:
    Another Kanatan here, the "village" or settlement/people.  Located in the home if the largest Airforce base in Canada.  Trenton Ontario, 100km west of Kingston and 200 East of Toronto off of the highway of heroes.  
    @Rzeancak - are you in the forces? I was an army brat, Dad was a 30 year man, picked him up at CFB Trenton a number of times returning from UN deployments. 
  • AlbertaEgger

Mickey said:

Careful Mickey, might invite myself for one of your cooks next work trip down there........
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    thunder bay ontario1 and its still cold -10 to -15 the last few days! still eggin though!
  • Mickey
    @Skiddymarker. I was a Army Brat as well ( think maybe a different Army).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey

Mickey said:

Careful Mickey, might invite myself for one of your cooks next work trip down there........

Alberta you have an open invitation. Steven has had one for several years and won't show up. Please come.

• AlbertaEgger
    Mickey said:

Mickey said:

Alberta you have an open invitation. Steven has had one for several years and won't show up. Please come.

I am going to take you up on that, last trip was to Fort Worth, But i did find a nice smoke house down there for some pulled pork, my favorite.
  • Mickey
    We are 150 miles south of Ft Worth.

• AlbertaEgger
    Mickey said:
    We are 150 miles south of Ft Worth.

No problem, im sure its well worth the drive...
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    Proud egghead operating out of Ajax, Ontario (40 minutes east of Toronto). High hopes for the Jays (and dare I say, Leafs) this year.  
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    30-45 minutes north of Ottawa (depending on how fast you drive)

edited April 2013
    Vaughan, just north of Toronto.  When a former mayor, who came up with 'the city above TO' slogan, arrived at Pearly Gates she was greeted by "welcome to the city above Vaughan".

It houses OGB, the biggest bbq store in the world, and Andrew Wiggins.
    canuckland
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    My folks lived for several years in Palgrave, Ontario, and I visited many times.  But the Stars and Strips were flying out front.

I loved my Canadian visits.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673

+1 Canadian here too.  Live in Toronto - about 10 min south of the largest airport in Canada (even though it's in Mississauga it really is Toronto's).  Not originally from the big smoke though - grew up about 1 hr north of London in a town surrounded by some of the nation's best farmland.  Got my egg for my 40th (last March) but had wanted one for probably 8-10 years ever since seeing them at a BBQ competition.

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• MCR
    MCR Posts: 270
    From the Ottawa area, just few minute west - KANATA
    Marc
  • Skiddymarker
    Mickey said:
    @Skiddymarker. I was a Army Brat as well ( think maybe a different Army).
    @Mickey - You would be right, unless your Dad served in the Royal Canadian Medical Corp. He was attached to a US "rocket crew" before we went to Germany in 1958 . That stint was about 6 months somewhere in Texas an New Mexico.