Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermapen question

Options
I understand there was an open box/sale on the thermapen a few months back that I missed :( anyone have any idea when they might be having another?
Is the savings worth the wait, its killing me to spend full price.

thanks

Cary NC

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I went 5 years with 2 eggs without one.  Now I have 4 eggs and wish I had a second.  Have had the first for 4 years and best money I spent.  I would wait for a sale unless $$$ is not an issue.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I would say the savings would not outweigh the savings in not ruining cooks by using a inaccurate thermometer. I think they have those sales 2 maybe 3 times per year.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    The open box sale is a good deal, but when it comes right down to it, it is only $20 saved on a $90 item - you have to ask, why not just buy one at full price? You will have it for years, and when you consider many of us have had one for 4 or 5 years, $20 is only about a penny a day, why be without one?  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I told bridezilla to get one for my birthday later this month. The price be damned I want one now!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • okienine
    okienine Posts: 43
    Options
    I broke down and ordered one yesterday, it is now on it's way, should be here for the weekend cook! Next on the list is a Maverick 732... it never ends.
    McAlester, Ok. Large and Mini Egg