Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork tenderloin indirect advice needed

I am doing a 15 hr brisket cook at 200 degrees for Easter. My wife picked up a 2 lb pork tenderloin and asked if I could cook that also. The plate setter will be the Egg for the brisket. I need to know cook times and internal temps so I can put the tenderloins on so they'll finish about the same time as the brisket. Thanks.

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    200 dome is below your target temp for the brisket.  Crank it up some.  The tenderloin will cook in less than an hour around where you should be cooking the brisket.  So throw that on hour and a half before you plan on eating.  Cook to 135-140.  The brisket should cook to 195-205-ish...check the flat is tender.  I'd recommend cooking the whole lot 250 plus or minus 25F.  Dome.  Check your dome temp if you don't have confidence in it.  We've seen some thermos way off that threw off the timing of a cook recently.
    Dude seriously! 15hr brisket ain't gonna go cold whilst ya cook a measly ole pork tenderloin, as long as you've given yourself enough time spare with the brisket? I've had brisket just keep goin on an on! I personally like to do my tenderloin direct with a quick marinade and a glaze to finish usually takes about 30-45mins, just let the brisket rest while the tenderloin cooks to about 140f internal then let it rest, remember to cook to temp not to time!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    FTC the brisket while the T-loin is done right. Direct at 400 - grill it. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    I agree with skiddy, grill it. I like to truss two tenders together end to end. Then apply rub of choice and cook direct. Anywhere in the 300 - 400 will do. I tend towards 300ish. One hour cook, 140 internal, ten minute rest, untie and slice into medallions @ 1" thick.
  • I ended up taking the brisket off so the tenderloins cooked by themselves. I did indirect to 140 internal and they were perfect.