Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pineapple Bacon Shrimp with Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce - recipe from Salado

Options
13»

Comments

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options
    Even with pre-cooking the bacon for 7 minutes, it took me about 1/2 hour. Just did some last night.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options

alynd said:

sorry if i missed it, but how long do these things take to cook?

Until the bacon is done.  At 300 it will take 40 to 50 minutes, then glaze them with the sauce and leave them on another 5 to 10 minutes, so I typically plan for an hour to be safe.  At Salado in an effort to keep up with demand we cranked it up to about 400 degrees and they cooked about twice as fast.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    Foghorn, got all the makings for your bacon/shrimp for Easter. I can't wait to try them. I did partially precook thin bacon but all the rest will be the same. I sure hope I can remember to put the camera to use. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options

" I sure hope I can remember to put the camera to use. ;;) "

Me too.  Good luck (not that you need it).

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX