Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Academy!

Options
2»

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Buckegg said:
    You can thank the Department of Homeland Security for buying 1.6 billion rounds of ammo.
    Plus the recent additional 360,000 rounds.  That's what I meant by Janet Napolitano.

Nola's comment is also correct and adds to the problem.  I went to a gun show last weekend and there were guys with signs on their backpacks, advertising their ammo at incredible high prices.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Local place has 9 in stock. About $28 a box!
    Boom
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    You can thank all paranoid chain emails that install fear in the hearts of gun owners that the gov'mnt is gonna ban ammunition sales.  This caused a surge in ammunition purchasing and supply and demand was knocked out of balance, causing ammo shortages.  Fortunately for me, I keep a healthy stock of ammo for all our calibers and don't buy into chain letters, so I'm not victim of the hoarder mentality that's responsible for the low supply and high prices.
    I think the funniest part about the hoarders is that they themselves fulfilled the prophecy they espoused. Not any government.
  • RoundTowner
    RoundTowner Posts: 125
    Options
    Griffin said:

I like Academy. Guns and BBQ...could it get any better?

Yea throw in some bikini tops =P~
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    @smokindawg82 if you ever get done to Barrow Auto in Butler, they usually have a good supply. Was in there today adding a sweet G26 to the family and they had a fair amount. Have seen it at some of the LGS in Macon as well. Have not seen any at the big boxes. Good luck.
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    Options
    I started loading my own years in several calibers and stockpiled powder and primers ..
    Me too.  Primers are getting really difficult to find, and the suppliers are saying at least 6 mos.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL