Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Peel off the bone ribs

Options
Instead of simple ribs, I was intrigued by recipes using apple juice and apple cider, and the wide range of opinions in that regard.  Also the notion that 'falling off the bone' can be too tender for some, and I decided to cook at a lower temp to try to keep the ribs from falling apart.  The last ribs were like that, and I was amazed and I thoroughly enjoyed them, but this time I wanted to try not so tender.  I started with a rub on the ribs and on the grill at 250 degree, PS legs up, woo3 and the rib rack with pan.  Every half hour for the next 4.5 hours I mopped the ribs with a mixture of 2/3 pure apple juice, and 1/3 red wine vinegar.  I had some hickory chips in the lump as well.

Then I raised the temperature to 325, and basted with a sauce.  I added the poppers that I cooked a couple of days ago to reheat and see if they got any milder, they didn't.  An hour later I took the ribs off of the grill and let them rest for about 20 minutes.

Taste was excellent as far as I am concerned, but I can't wait to try the leftovers today since I got real smokey tending the ribs.  Texture was excellent.  Instead of falling off of the bone, the meat more or less pulled off of the bone while eating.  No shredding of meat remaining stuck to the bone, but not super tender.  (I like falling off the bone as well however.)

no, not -that- one!
KI4PSR

Comments