Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp 2 ways

Options
Tjcoley
Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
Made the Salado Eggfest pineapple shrimp wrapped in bacon.  Changed the sauce and used a pina colada dipping sauce.  They were amazing.  The rest were tossed in melted butter and lemon herb seasoning.  Nice meal.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Real nice meal.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Looks awesome TJ! Tell me more about the sauce. I was thinking along those same lines too.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Sauce is from one of those "Tastes Like" sites that reproduce food chain recipes.  I usually give credit to who it was, but this was filed away a while ago.  Just like Red Lobster's pina colada sauce served with coconut shrimp.

• 1 cup pina colada mix 
    • 1/4 cup water
    • 2 tablespoon crushed pineapple, drained
    • 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sweetened coconut flakes
    • 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
    • 1 and 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
    • 3 teaspoon cold water

Mix together pina colada mix, water, crushed pineapple, coconut, and powdered sugar in a sauce pan. Heat on medium-low temperature until sauce begins to simmer, stirring frequently. Let mixture simmer slowly 10-12 minutes. Mix cornstarch and cold water together; add to sauce and blend well. Let mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes longer while stirring during and after adding cornstarch. Remove from heat and bring to room temperature. Sauce is served at room temperature

Options
    Thanks TJ!  I'm gonna give it a try!
    Flint, Michigan