Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KC Pulled Pork Baked Beans

Options
flemster
flemster Posts: 269
I suspect this is old hat to you but I made some beans I had to share. Cast iron Dutch oven on the egg indirect 300. When hot drop in bacon (whole to pull out later) when it gets frying drop in about 1/2 to 1 pound of pulled pork leftovers with diced onions. When the onions are clear, add 4 cans cannelini beans, 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes, 3/4 cup brown sugar and some woosty sauce. Then just enough sauce to make it liquid, about 2 cups. The sauce is my version of KC. Katsup, little mustard, lots of brown sugar and molasses. Cover and let it cook 30 min then uncover and reduce it a bit.
Love to hear variations people have tried. Sorry the pix are sideways. Posting from the iPhone
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Like it, must try.
    Seattle, WA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Why cover it?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Options
    Mickey said:

Why cover it?

I was following a general recipe from a cook book. Do you leave yours uncovered?
    Gotta say that these were a meal in themselves with the pork

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120