Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dizzy Pig Canadian Bacon

Options
egger ave
egger ave Posts: 721
edited March 2013 in Pork
I cooked this bacon at the Salado Eggfest. It turns pork tenderloin into something great. I used Splenda brown sugar instead of brown sugar and 2 tsp of quick cure and added a couple of cinnamon sticks to the cure. I rinsed the cured tenderloin for about on hour, changing the water twice. Cooked at 250 for 2.5 hours. Internal temp was 135 when I took it off the grill. I used a couple of handfuls of pecan chunks for the smoke.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I used the DP recipe last week for the first time and it is really good.  You have a nice looking piece of pork there.  One thing, that is a pork loin you are cooking.  Not tenderloin.  Tenderloins are about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds each. I wish I could have been there too.  Looked like a lot of fun.  ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    GrannyX4 said:
    I used the DP recipe last week for the first time and it is really good.  You have a nice looking piece of pork there.  One thing, that is a pork loin you are cooking.  Not tenderloin.  Tenderloins are about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds each. I wish I could have been there too.  Looked like a lot of fun.  ;;)
    You are correct, it is loin not tenderloin for the recipe. An example of my brain moving faster than my my fingers or whichever.  Thanks
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein