Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Dizzy Pig Canadian Bacon

egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
edited March 2013 in Pork
I cooked this bacon at the Salado Eggfest. It turns pork tenderloin into something great. I used Splenda brown sugar instead of brown sugar and 2 tsp of quick cure and added a couple of cinnamon sticks to the cure. I rinsed the cured tenderloin for about on hour, changing the water twice. Cooked at 250 for 2.5 hours. Internal temp was 135 when I took it off the grill. I used a couple of handfuls of pecan chunks for the smoke.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
·

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,458
    I used the DP recipe last week for the first time and it is really good.  You have a nice looking piece of pork there.  One thing, that is a pork loin you are cooking.  Not tenderloin.  Tenderloins are about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds each. I wish I could have been there too.  Looked like a lot of fun.  ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • egger aveegger ave Posts: 580
    GrannyX4 said:
    I used the DP recipe last week for the first time and it is really good.  You have a nice looking piece of pork there.  One thing, that is a pork loin you are cooking.  Not tenderloin.  Tenderloins are about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds each. I wish I could have been there too.  Looked like a lot of fun.  ;;)
    You are correct, it is loin not tenderloin for the recipe. An example of my brain moving faster than my my fingers or whichever.  Thanks
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 4 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. "Friends don't let friends cook with propane"
    ·