Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Dealer/Big Green Egg Customer

Options
2»

Comments

• Wendy_Beachcomber
    Options
    HI Wendy, where about's is your store?? We are out in the "Wack" Fairly new to the Egg, but loving every meal, got ribs and corn going on one, and baked beans going on the other egg.  :-c
    Hi there,  We are at 1140 Westwood Street in Coquiltam.  You have two eggs?  What sizes?  Can I ask why you invested in two?  Any accessory you just can't live without now?  
    HI Wendy, just finished eggin with company. We have a large and a small, we first purchased a large, loved the cooking options, from lo and slow, to searing steaks and doing pizza. We bought a second egg, a small, reason being, the small goes with us camping. It is easy to pack up and carry, it also is big enough to do longer cooks, and it can be a little work horse for us. Also two eggs give you the option of two different cooking temperatures. Image doing some appys at a temperature of 250-300, and at the same time, the steaks are searing on a different egg. We really enjoy it. Accessories I couldn't live without, thermopen, platesetter, pizza stones, the list goes on.
    HH nailed it for me as well, it is a lifestyle. A person has to understand what the egg can do, it is versatile. You have to enjoy grilling and food prep.
    Are you out by the mall off of the #7?? What other products do you retail? Maybe you could use a mobile sales person.
    :D

Sorry for late response.  We do a couple of trade shows but they won't let us demonstrate a propane firepit so doubt they would let us cook on the grill.   We are thinking of having a parking lot sale in November (date tbd).  Would you be interested in coming and demonstrating the Egg if we decide to go forward with our sale?  
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Let me know what the date is going to be and I will see what is happening in my world. Have you  any idea what you would want to grill?
    Large, small, and a mini
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    Did you get my message about the Langley event??
    Large, small, and a mini
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Totally missed this thread. Wendy_Beachcomber...awesome handle!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Long time griller & smoker I've had my LBGE for just under 3 months now and have cooked on it constantly, just about daily. I'd say besides nests & side shelves or tables, the plate setter is the next essential Eggcessory. The cast iron grill grate was my next essential, but it might be a bit hard to explain to folks about why you should have to pay extra money for a CI grill grate because the Egg comes with a s/s one. Pizza stone is third one. I'd say for sure most folks are gonna want the platesetter & stone. 

BTW one of the criteria I used to pick a dealer was their knowledge of the Egg and you guys seem to be trying to soak in all the knowledge you can. This is good. The dealer I got my Egg from sold his dealership 3 weeks after I bought my Egg. The new owners have zero eggsperience. It is bad when a 3 week user knows more than anyone there. I have now switched to a different dealer for all my after market eggcessory purchases. The second criteria was how many Eggcessories they carried. In these days of 1 day gratification on the internet it is hard to go into a store and have them say I'll need to order that and it will take xx days or weeks. Good luck with your new venture.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • calracefan
    Options
    My idea of a good dealer is one who respects me after the sale. I bought my egg after the dealer got my money he's a lot less interested in talking to me now to the point of being rude.
     Second , someone else I think mentioned good pricing on lump. I think this would be a way to keep people coming back, if they keep coming back chances are they will buy accessories.
     Refer potential customers here to learn a little before the sale.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Wendy_Beachcomber
    Options
    Sorry to hear that you feel somewhat neglected.  I am always super happy to chat with my customers as they have given me some really great ideas and I have not had one customer yet who does not love their Big Green Egg.   We usually check in with them when we are doing orders to see if there is anything in particular they want to try.  We keep a good selection on the shelf but we don't always have all the accessories so we try and save them some money on the shipping cost (things are usually SO heavy :)  Thanks for the suggestion on the pricing for the lump.  I think that is a great idea.  
  • Wendy_Beachcomber
    Options
    Let me know what the date is going to be and I will see what is happening in my world. Have you  any idea what you would want to grill?
    Hi there,  Sorry for the late response (I'm a terrible blogger!).  We are going to have a sale on the Nov 30-Dec 2 weekend as we are receiving all of our 2013 Beachcomber Hot Tubs and have to make room.  I would really like to do some cooking with the BGE  on that weekend.  I was kind of thinking of cooking something that would take a little while, smell fantastic, could be shared, and would really showcase how much better an egg is over a gas grill.  Ribs?  pulled pork?  Any suggestions?  If you could email me at wendy@beachcombercoquitlam.ca I am much better at looking at my email every day :) 
  • Wendy_Beachcomber
    Options
    jfm0830 said:
    Long time griller & smoker I've had my LBGE for just under 3 months now and have cooked on it constantly, just about daily. I'd say besides nests & side shelves or tables, the plate setter is the next essential Eggcessory. The cast iron grill grate was my next essential, but it might be a bit hard to explain to folks about why you should have to pay extra money for a CI grill grate because the Egg comes with a s/s one. Pizza stone is third one. I'd say for sure most folks are gonna want the platesetter & stone. 

BTW one of the criteria I used to pick a dealer was their knowledge of the Egg and you guys seem to be trying to soak in all the knowledge you can. This is good. The dealer I got my Egg from sold his dealership 3 weeks after I bought my Egg. The new owners have zero eggsperience. It is bad when a 3 week user knows more than anyone there. I have now switched to a different dealer for all my after market eggcessory purchases. The second criteria was how many Eggcessories they carried. In these days of 1 day gratification on the internet it is hard to go into a store and have them say I'll need to order that and it will take xx days or weeks. Good luck with your new venture.

Jim
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your suggestions and comments.  You are correct about people not wanting to wait.  I guess when you are excited about trying something new, it can be hard.  We have a fairly large selection but everything is big & heavy it is hard to come up with enough space to stock everything in multiple sizes.  I love the cast iron grill for steak (or at least my family does as I am not a meat eater) and the cast iron dutch oven is on my Christmas wish list.  
  • double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Options
    Wendy, pork butt would be best bang for your buck in my opinion.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Wendy_Beachcomber
    Options
    Totally missed this thread. Wendy_Beachcomber...awesome ha
    Totally missed this thread. Wendy_Beachcomber...awesome handle!
    Thanks for your comment.  I checked out your page and I am a little stumped.  Not sure what the data is?  Or it could well be that I am just reading it wrong!  Happy grilling.
  • Wendy_Beachcomber
    Options
    double said:
    Wendy, pork butt would be best bang for your buck in my opinion.
    Not even sure what that is :)  Do you have a recipe or did you find one on this site?
  • Wendy_Beachcomber
    Options
    Come and see us at the 11th Annual Yard, Garden & Renovation Show at the Chilliwack Heritage Park, 44140 Luckakuck Way, Chilliwack.  Great show specials so the perfect time to buy that second Egg or those extra eggcessories.  Hope to see you at our booth.  Happy Egging
  • Wendy_Beachcomber
    Options
    Forgot to include the dates of the show!  We will be at the Yard, Garden & Reno Show March 22, 23, and 24th, 2013.