Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Registering a three year old egg for warranty

Options
My first Egg came to the family about three years ago, any way to get the numbers you need to register it with the mothership? Didn't even think about it until hearing about others with their dealers going out of business,
I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 

Comments

• BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    You mean phone number, or the serial number of the egg? 
    Serial number of the egg in inside the dome on the very back. Register online from BGE website.
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    And if you have the receipt, all should be good. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    edited March 2013
    Options
    If you can proove you bought it new, from an authorised dealer... you'll be fine.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Smitty, I am out of luck I think. I bought from a dealer going out of business in ATL about two years ago. I lost the warranty papers which makes me mad because I never lose anything. Can you register it with serial number only?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • RocEGG
    RocEGG Posts: 89
    Options
    Yes you can register with serial number only. They may be tough to see on the back of the dome after 3 years, but it shouldn't be an issue. Just because your dealer went out of business shouldn't mean you are out of luck. There is a chance that your dealer registered it for you as well.  When I registered mine I believe they asked for the SN, date of purchase, and place of purchase, in addition to my details. System is a bit strange, you submit this online form, and you will not get any sort of confirmation statement, email, registry number, etc. They just say submit the form and it will be registered.
    Rochester, NY  - XL BGE
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    Options

Talk directly to BGE in Atlanta, it will ultimately be their call.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA