Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egghead weightloss competition weigh in Monday

Comments

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034

Well, I was under 200 for a WEEK!!!!

Went away for the weekend and misbehaved

Back up to 201.

Will try to buckle down for he last few weeks.

Been a great experience though guys, thanks

Shane

• I didn't get to report yesterday, I broke 260, weighed in at 259.8.  I'm sticking to my exercise regimen and feel much better.  

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited March 2013

Finally made it under the 200 mark

Weighed in last night at 198lbs

Keep this going till April,

It could be a Speedo summer

X_X
    That is a visual I really don't need buddy! :-O

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    I havent lost much weight in the last week or two. I have ramped up my miles to 35 per week. I feel like a running fool. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    So....I have not really been trying that hard. Not really exercising, but have cut back on the drinking and eating a little healthier. Had to go into the doc this morning and low and behold I am down 10 lbs from January. Happy with that, but really need to start exercising.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    wont help me for the comp but when the snow clears i bought a rockhopper bike to kill myself on. dead or alive im keeping the weight off this time
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    back in the early fall when i started this darn thing to lose some weight i was 235, if i equate the weight loss to pork butts im coming up on 7  7 pound butts.....mingah
    fukahwee maine

• fletcherfam
    fletcherfam Posts: 935
    Flatlined at 206 again, well at least I am not gaining weight. Getting back on track to count calories this week. 3 more weeks and we are done!
  • JayHawkEye
    JayHawkEye Posts: 196
    Down to 175ish. Had a high sodium day yesterday which wasn't good, but the ribs and chicken sure we're! I'll have to make a post about cooking through the storm. Got a few nice pics. 
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
    500 Posts: 3,177
    212.6.  No movement.  Rut.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • 258.2 not much progress from last week but still moving in the right direction.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    335 another lb down and I was a very bad boy this week :-) no gym and 7lbs of short ribs cooked Saturday night. 8 course dinner last night and ALOT to drink...
    Lynnwood WA
  • fishlessman
    up a couple, hope it was just the salty corned beef and not the guinness from over the weekend
    fukahwee maine

• Still heading in the right direction.  197.5 this week.  Time to start the big push for the end.  When is the official final weigh in day?
  • fletcherfam
    Weigh in Day is on or slightly before April 1st.
  • JayHawkEye
    Like March 30?!? It'd sure be cool to not have a Holiday the day before the weigh-in! Or is this completely against the whole purpose of the contest? Ha!
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • fletcherfam
    Didn't take into account Easter I guess. Just workout a ton that week and hope it off sets! :)
  • Hmmm, I know that I will be travelling for Easter and won't be home until the 2nd.  Should I submit my weight and photos early or late?  I think we gave a span of days for the initial weigh in, maybe we should do the same for the final as well.  
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    edited March 2013

Had to totally strip down and use the calibrated scale on our loading dock at work

200lbs even

Security is going to love those camera stills =))

Shane

• fletcherfam
    We can do 1st thru the 3rd?
  • JayHawkEye
    Works for me. I think that's what you had originally said anyway.
  • fishlessman
    back on the drop, 185 this morning. i think my goal weight when i started was 175 so i wont make it for april 1 but i think now im going to shoot for 165 for mid may, almost dont want to stop now
    :)) :)) :))
    fukahwee maine

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    335 today a pound a week not winning this but like the motivation factor.
    Lynnwood WA
  • fletcherfam
    @fishlessman, don't stop! It is so much easier keeping momentum going that starting and stopping. What is that physics saying "An object in motion wants to stay in motion." Or something like that. Didn't drop a pound, actually gained a couple. This time I am almost positive it is muscle though, I have been doing kettlebell workouts and can tell I am getting stronger.

Got snipped this weekend so can't workout all week.
  • fishlessman
    @fishlessman, don't stop! It is so much easier keeping momentum going that starting and stopping. What is that physics saying "An object in motion wants to stay in motion." Or something like that. Didn't drop a pound, actually gained a couple. This time I am almost positive it is muscle though, I have been doing kettlebell workouts and can tell I am getting stronger.

Got snipped this weekend so can't workout all week.
    well i could keep going til i reach my high school weight
    :)) i was under a hundred pounds when i graduated
    :)) got snipped, i wont even get the dog snipped
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    My New Year's goal was to lose 15lbs by June. Down 17lbs to 200 even as of Saturday. Pushing for the next 10lbs now! :D

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

500 Posts: 3,177
    208ish this morning.  When is the end of this thing again, so I can make a half herated attempted to drop some real weight?
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • fletcherfam
    April 1st, 2 weeks
  • JayHawkEye
    I was a smidge under 172 this morning which is what I weighed the first day of football in college. 2 more weeks to get down to high school weight...
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887

I'm currently training for a half marathon, and my weight hasn't moved an inch in nearly 5 weeks.  Still 205.  I could probably stand to eat healthier, since I tend to eat without remorse after a long run.  I feel like a bottomless pit.  Something else that kills me isn't just watching too much television, but WHAT I'm watching.  I've actually had to ban myself from watching anything on the Food Network, or BBQ Pitmasters. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE