Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE table, stand and shelf in the UK

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Damn, I think I flew on the third one once X_X
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• mhoutman
    mhoutman Posts: 57
    Now the worst part. Got a first mail from the UK that they will not ship to the Netherlands due to possible conflicts with BGE Europe. Send a mail back that they are free to sell non BGE parts.
    Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Large, MiniMax and Mini
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Mickey said:
    Damn, I think I flew on the third one once X_X
    No Mickey, that's definitely a UK take on one of those New Mexico controlled drones, but is does resemble most of the old Delta fleet. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    so why a wooden nest, then a metal table nest in the table... why not just put the egg on the table since wood obviously does not burn in the UK..... OH and number three is insane.  8-}

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    BGE UK website is a lot better than US one... gotta give them that

XLBGE 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited March 2013

They are so much more sophisticated than us. That's why they get the cool accent and are still able to look good wearing ascots.
  • mhoutman

Of course the wood ware on the UK website are all a matter of personal taste but I like it a lot. The **** tables from BGE 'held together' with staples are not my peace of cake...and I have two left hands ;)

Last but not least the UK website is crisp and clear and IMHO opinion so much better than BGE own website which looks like a kind of blog, outdated and is certainly not in par with the quality of their products. Some products like the Mini cast iron grid are still not mentioned.

Love to see an improved website in the near future :)
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    @mhoutman BGE will not change their site until they are forced into it. Business is good, sales are up and they have completely discouraged internet based sales, they prefer the old school face to face get'em in the door retail. 
    Agree it would be nice to see a website that was at least in the 20th century, never mind the 21st. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • mhoutman
    any UK Eggheads here with the bar top as supplied by Big Green Egg UK only ?

Like to know how if it is sturdy etc. Thanks :)