Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not on my Egg

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,669
@TheOnion: "Why aren’t we supposed to eat another human? Maybe it’s just one of those social etiquette things."http://t.co/TY1cQbc7bf
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    That needs to be the last article that dude ever writes.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    shtgunal3 said:

That needs to be the last article that dude ever writes.

You know the Onion is a satirical newspaper, right?
    ;)
  • shtgunal3
    Is that another way to spell WRONG?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Eggcelsior
    I'm not following. The Onion is a joke newspaper. Always has been. I have a book with some famous Onion "headlines", like this:

While it is wrong, it is just a silly joke.
  • Max232
    Max232 Posts: 76
    You wouldn't want to put me on your egg anyway, I'd be like one of those bad pork butts you come across every now and then, way too much fat to trim :D

Stereo egging w/ xl and med eggs! BBQ guru

http://www.facebook.com/BeerGutsAndPorkButtsBbq

• shtgunal3
    I guess I'm an idiot. But it's still wrong.

"No problem!  Just do a clean burn while your guest is resting and the fava beans are simmering.  Don't forget to pour yourself a nice chianti!"

Flint, Michigan
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Well there are/were many cultures that cannibalism is the way of life. Our culture has defined all "men" (meaning both sexes) as equal and in death we show respect and reverence to the departed as they travel to the afterlife. They have to arrive with all their body parts or at least go through the process (cremation) as a whole being. 
    Hell, there are cultures that don't/won't eat beef, as the "cow" is either sacred or a friend you work with. 
    Dogs have been on the menu in many cultures, yet in our culture they are revered pets. 

The questions posed in "The Onion" although meant to be satirical, actually pose an interesting point of discussion. The concept of "soylent green" may not so far fetched in the future, the good news is it comes prepared ready to eat, no egg required. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Kinda related but did y'all see the poop steaks from Japan?
    Boom
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    @skiddymarker I lived in Philippines for 5 years. I was a kid but we ate some 'weird' stuff. Though I liked balut. Did eat rice from dogs stomach, don't remember it.
    Boom
  • Eggcelsior
    Skiddy, great sci-fi pull. Unfortunately, the future is here:

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Humans are tough. You need to braise them. Need a big pot

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Have we stooped to this?  It brings a whole new meaning to MANGRATES
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817

Nice!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    In case you missed this last November:

BEIJING — The online version of China's Communist Party newspaper has hailed a report by The Onion naming North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un as the "Sexiest Man Alive" – apparently unaware it is satire.

The People's Daily ran a 55-page photo spread on its website Tuesday in a tribute to the round-faced leader, under the headline "North Korea's top leader named The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012."

Quoting The Onion's spoof report, the Chinese newspaper wrote, `'With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman's dream come true."

"Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper's editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile," the People's Daily cited The Onion as saying.

The photos the People's Daily selected include Kim on horseback squinting into the light and Kim waving toward a military parade. In other photos, he is wearing sunglasses and smiling, or touring a facility with his wife.

An online editor for the People's Daily said Wednesday that the photo spread would be taken offline.

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    So many things to say....I'll refrain.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522

Nice!
    Mangrates no good for people prep, just like you said LS, you need a big pot - haven't seen one in the Lodge catalogue, will keep looking. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    I've got an older cookbook called How to Serve your Fellow Man...

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure