Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Broke

My fire ring and fire box are both cracked, has anyone else had that problem? Should I replace them or just consider that as seasoning?

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Take pictures and bring them to your dealer and get new ones and keep cooking on the cracked ones. You can probably get several years out of the cracked ones but when they die you will have the spares ready. They are part of the lifetime warranty as long as you bought it new. I have gone through several of each. If you get a new on you will probably get the new style fire box with the slit in it so it doesn't crack when it expands and the fire ring now has divers for the plate setter.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited March 2013
    Always use the extraordinary lifetime (or limited) warranty on any product. If the warrantor does not request the old parts to be returned, keep and use them until they become an inconvenience. Of course this is applicable only if you paid the normal retail from an authorized dealer, did the registration thing and/or still have a valid receipt. First step is to your dealer, then if required to BGE itself. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'd get the new one. Could the old one be used as a tier grid holder?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • It depends on the dealer, it is warranty,  but only if the fire ring won't support the grid, or the firebox won't support the ring. I've tried to get them for people but our supplier is pretty up on the warranty.  Some dealers will just replace them. Take a picture and ask. It will hold up for awhile, I have one guy who has been cooking on a  cracked on for years.
  • Lit
    I have had many fire rings/fireboxes replaced for a crack they don't have to be falling apart.
  • Lit said:
    I have had many fire rings/fireboxes replaced for a crack they don't have to be falling apart.
    Man your lucky they won't let us do that here. I've tried a few times and they won't let us replace them.  I'm moving to where you live lol.
  • Lit
    I go to the retail store in tucker and they hand you a new one. I would email bge directly if your dealer wont help you out.