Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to the forum

Options

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking for the past few months and have decided to buy an LBGE as soon as I have funds saved up.  I am in the Upstate of SC and work for a custom seasoning blend company so I have a full scale lab at my disposal to make my own rubs and marinades which is nice.  I am curious as to if anyone can tell me about any NC or SC Eggfests where I could pick up a demo egg.  I can't wait to get it and begin the infatuation!

Fort Mill, SC

Comments

• sola
    sola Posts: 118
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Welcome Meathead, from a willing
    Guinea Pig....

Where you at in SC? Lived in Newberry for a little while
  • Meathead1974
    Options

Thanks Sola

I'm in Indian Land which is right at the NC/SC Border just south of Charlotte. 

Fort Mill, SC
  • WiltOnTilt
    WiltOnTilt Posts: 102
    Options
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    edited March 2013
    Options

You're about 3 hours from Hiawasee, GA.  Site of the GA Mtn Eggfest, mid May.

http://www.mountainegg.com/DemoEgg.php

Signal Mountain, TN
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Welcome to our little world.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
    Options
    Welcome!! I got my egg from the GA Mountain Eggfest as well. Beautiful drive up that way.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Welcome from the "westest" most coast of Canuckistan - always room in the asylum for one more!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Welcome Meathead!  When I saw your your name, I thought your avatar would be Rob Reiner or Carrol O'Connor!  My wife's family is from Tryon, NC in the border country between the Carolinas.  Once you get your Egg, your BBQ and grilling will never be the same.  It will be infinitely better.
    Flint, Michigan
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    A big Alabama welcome to you Meathead.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• SWATSgt
    SWATSgt Posts: 21
    edited March 2013
    Options

I live in North Carolina just north of Charlotte where I-77 and I-40 meet. As for buying an egg my father-in-law lives in North Augusta SC and he picked mine up and delivered it to me from a local place down there. I got a LBGE, nest, bag of lump and a few other items for cheaper then I could find just the egg with in a two hour drive from here. If you would like the name of the place I will call and get it for you. Oh and if you need someone to test anything for you I will gladly drive to Charlotte and pick up the samples     ;)

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Welcome Meathead, I live in Lenoir, N.C. about 65 miles up 321 from you. Good luck with all your cooking adventures and your rub creations. Maybe we can get meet in person someday, I ride my motorcycle in that area a lot. Good Luck and Good Cooks, Gary Woods
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SmokinDAWG82
    SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,705
    Options
    Welcome, hope you can find one soon and join in sharing your cooks
    Glad to have you on board!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Welcome Meathead, let the good times begin. Yeah, find that egg man and just get into the madness. :))

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Meathead1974
    Options

Thanks everyone.  Much appreciated.  SWAT's, I'd love the name of that place since I am through the Augusta area quite frequently.  Piney, I have family in Lenoir :)

I'm going to check out the GA Mountain Eggfest, doesn't seem too far from Clemson so it might be an good opportunity to get back to "Gods Country"! 

Fort Mill, SC
  • piney
    Options
    Good Deal Meathead, I probably know them or someone who does I have been here all my life and my wife says I know everyone in town. Good Luck on Egging everyone on this forum are very, very, helpful and will give you great insite on your cooks. Keep in touch, Gary
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SWATSgt
    SWATSgt Posts: 21
    edited March 2013
    Options

I'm working dayshift today so I called father-in-law, but he did not answer. I looked it up online and then asked my wife. She said the name of this place sounds right but she was not for sure. So it would at least be worth giving them a call and seeing what price they quote you. I looked for about 3 weeks before they told me about this place. .Laurelwood Equipment. 803-278-0200

• cdees_1993
    cdees_1993 Posts: 135
    edited March 2013
    Options

Thanks everyone.  Much appreciated.  SWAT's, I'd love the name of that place since I am through the Augusta area quite frequently.  Piney, I have family in Lenoir :)

I'm going to check out the GA Mountain Eggfest, doesn't seem too far from Clemson so it might be an good opportunity to get back to "Gods Country"! 

Check out Fireside outdoor kitchens on Broad Street in Augusta.  Talk to Greig.  He gave us a great deal on a package.  You can also check out their website.  Great people to deal with.  Their website is http://www.firesideoutdoorkitchens.com/
    Hope this helps!  He is very knowledgeable.  They also have great cooking classes every tuesday of the year.
  • piney
    Options
    Meathead check out Big Al's Trading Post in Cramerton, N.C. (just north of you on 74) or Gastonegghead on this forum he has Reliable Appliance Center in Gastonia you might hook up a good deal. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    OH BOY, OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED !!  A professional rub maker on the forum!!  Free rub test kits for EVERYBODY !!!  You will probably get a raise or payed overtime for just using your egg --  what a job!! 
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    Welcome! Share a link to your rub site? You might get busy at work.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009