Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Way OT - Keltec Pistols

2»

Comments

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    My daily carry is a S&W Bodyguard, the trigger pull is like towing an elephant but I use it weekly and have gotten use to it. Chances are if somebody takes it from me they will miss on their 1st shot because of the trigger pull... Not that I ever want to be in that situation. I fits in my boot or in my pocket is super light. My target and at home gun is a Beretta 92FS.
    Lynnwood WA
  • and we thought this was a food forum...very cool
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Somebody needs to call the TROLL out!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • I also have a Glock 19,  9mm which has a 17+1 capacity, but it's not my carry around.  It's too big for my front pocket.  All the girls think I'm happy to see them.   :))
    That's my wife's carry piece...just sayin' ;)

Great gun though. she loves it and is comfortable with it.

Myself, I prefer my kimber pro CDP II. .45 acp with two extra clips. loaded with hornady critical defense. Never leaves my side.

PS - maybe I should flag this post in advance for "ayaron" the forum cop, eh? Seems like every other post in this thread is flagged. someone needs to troll another thread
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    +1 on the Ruger LCP. I have been trying to find a Springfield XD-S 45 to play with but have been unable to find one. Any body have one?

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• psalzer said:
    Kinda difficult to conceal the 1911 wearing just shorts and a T-shirt in the summer..."the .380 in your pocket is usually better than the 1911 you left at home". I have a 1911 also, but find it to heavy to conceal in the summer.
    no arguing your logic there.

maybe consider something like this?

I love the pocket holster for the LCP that breaks the outline of the gun to look like a wallet. Still considering picking one up for occasions where a fully outfitted go bag is a nuisance. 
  • henapple said:
    I have the lcp with ct. To me, on this gun the ct is more of a novelty. This pistol probably isn't going to be used at a distance.but that's me. While concealable the small capaciity and it being a .380 bother me. I carry a hkp30 in a Desbien holster...very concealable even in shorts and I'm only 5'9'and about 180lbs. Ok, ok...190lbs. A good pistol belt and holster will really help in hiding and being comfortable. Check out desbien holsters. Use the egg code and buy one get one free...order now and they'll throw in 1000 rounds of ammo.
    you meant 100 rounds of ammo, right? 

or is that 1000 rounds of 22lr  ;)
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    No..it's a 1000 rounds of bb's...
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    No..it's a 1000 rounds of bb's...
    lol

sweet leather work on that site
  • henapple
    I need a holster for this...
  • Hokie, Kel-Tec is a fine gun.  If it feels good to you go for it.  I have several carry guns.  Ruger LC9 is hard to beat overall.  I have an LCP 380.  I like it.  The problem here (east of Atlanta) is 380 ammo is very hard to find.  9mm is plentiful. My first choice is Springfield 40 compact, but it's heavy.
    Kinda off the subject.  Take a look at the Kel-Tec KSG 12ga.  SWEEET!
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    edited January 2013
    Hokie, Kel-Tec is a fine gun.  If it feels good to you go for it.  I have several carry guns.  Ruger LC9 is hard to beat overall.  I have an LCP 380.  I like it.  The problem here (east of Atlanta) is 380 ammo is very hard to find.  9mm is plentiful. My first choice is Springfield 40 compact, but it's heavy.
    Kinda off the subject.  Take a look at the Kel-Tec KSG 12ga.  SWEEET!

I'm in the Charlotte area and outside of trap load shotgun shells all ammo is wiped out.  I'd like to buy something soon but I'm waiting unless I plan on throwing the pistol at a would be mugger because there just isn't any ammo.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• I'm in the Charlotte area and outside of trap load shotgun shells all ammo is wiped out.  I'd like to buy something soon but I'm waiting unless I plan on throwing the pistol at a would be mugger because there just isn't any ammo.

Wal-Mart has told me that they will not restock ammo until the battle over "assault weapons" is over.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    I have and carry the Ruger LCP on a regular basis. It is the only pistol that is truely carryable for me as it conceals so well that i forget its there. I have a clip to stick it inside my waist band without even a belt, like jogging, othewise use a Fobus kydex paddle holster. All other pistols are in various compartments, but impractical for Ccarry. Just my 0.02$

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Kimber ultra carry II .45 under the bed and a Glock .40 in the counsel of the pick up. The Kimber was an impulse buy. I was looking on online to decide what I wanted, later that day I was running errands and I'll be dipped they had what I wanted at our local get everything store for dirt cheap.
    LBGE South Dakota
  • TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Rebellab said:
    Kimber ultra carry II .45 under the bed and a Glock .40 in the counsel of the pick up. The Kimber was an impulse buy. I was looking on online to decide what I wanted, later that day I was running errands and I'll be dipped they had what I wanted at our local get everything store for dirt cheap.
    Got the Ultra as well, I love it. A very nice compact to carry. But lately finding bullets for it has been a pain. I stocked up but I need more.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Dnl
    Dnl Posts: 12
    I enjoy my LCP .380, true, one shot won't stop them in their tracks but a well placed shot will certainly assist them in rethinking their life choices.
  • Just picked up the Springfield XDm 3.8" .45 the other day. Tried the XDS, but didn't like the feel of the single stack handle. Much prefer the XDm. The XDm is not quite as compact as some, but still good for CC. I agree with the above that the holster is likely the key to any carry piece.
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Anyone notice that some anti-gun nut job reported every post in this thread as Abuse? L-)
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • AthensM50
    AthensM50 Posts: 19
    looked at a Ke-Tec as well....ended up with Kahr CM9 as a carry....very comfortable to carry and is well built!

• Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Awesome gun! I also have a Kahr pm40 that I carry when hiking, camping, etc.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited March 2013
    Mayberry said:
    Anyone notice that some anti-gun nut job reported every post in this thread as Abuse? L-)
    Shhhhhhh........ Don't mention the trolls, you'll wake them up. You must be new here.

(Why do you think they've been banned? Not just because they expressing their views)

• tamu2009
    tamu2009 Posts: 387
    KAHR CM9
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LBGE 2013 - MiniMax 2015 - Seemingly every accessory the fine folks at CGS sell - Fightin' Texas Aggie till I die - Gig 'Em - Located in the bright lights of Dallas
  • henapple
    HK P30 9mm...my baby. CMMG MK3 AR10 .308...my love.