Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Don Marco has landed

Options
Sooooo..... After seeing a post by @Caruso in late january about a german pork shoulder I looked into Herr Marco's rubs. Super reviews all around so I contacted them on February 1st about the likelihood of getting rubs shipped to the United States since their are no vendors outside of Europe. I received an email from them(Patricia) that they would ship and what rubs I'd like. I wanted to try all but 3 so I sent a message back with that info and my address for shipping calculation. Patricia responded that shipping would be really expensive so she would throw in the other 3 rubs free. Awesome! They wound up being the same price as getting a full set of DP or similar rubs shipped, so I went for it. They shipped on 2/15 and arrived yesterday. Let the good times roll!

Don Marco , Patricia was awesome to work with. I can't wait to try them out.
imageimage

Comments

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Awesome please keep us posted on what you think. I am a DP man too.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options

Nice! That was nice of you to get SWMBO flowers for V-Day.....

Let us know how the rubs are. You are an international rub purcahser now? Bravo...

:-c
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    @Eggcelsior, please let me know what you think of "das rubs". I have friends in the Dorf, there is a BBQ shop that sells all things North American including BGE and I think they sell Don Marco's. If it's worth it I might get them to pick me up some. 

Kinda seems like sending "coals to Newcastle" when it comes to rub, but nothing ventured nothing gained. Thanks for the post. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Thanks all. I will follow-up on them as I try them.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That's a sweet stash. Definitely interested in what you think - my brother-in-law spends a lot of time in Germany, so I may ask him to get me some.

Have fun with them!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Don Marco
    Don Marco Posts: 287
    Options
    Hey Dylan, i´m glad it all arrived in good condition and was not blown up by the TSA or eaten by a detection dog ! :-)

Cant wait to hear your opinion, hope you like them.
    Whats cookin ?

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de