Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cleaning lecruesett

Options
seen mention before about the stains in the enameled cookware and people complaining about it. bleach and warm water for 24 hours fixes this

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Sweet! I have always used an oxy-clean soak but that doesn't seem to be cutting it anymore. I think the enamel has worn off mine but will try this and report back.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    i didnt soak the whole pot, just left it stove top with the cover on, added more bleach half way thru and put the cover back on. almost think some plastic wrap of the top might keep the chlorine levels higher so that it doesnt dissipate
    fukahwee maine

• SamFerrise
    Options
    Those pots are a little too expensive to be using in an Egg.  Lodge pots are cheaper and do just as good a job,

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Those pots are a little too expensive to be using in an Egg.  Lodge pots are cheaper and do just as good a job,
    but the lodge wont cook as nice on my simmer plate indoors
    :Di do have a knockoff at camp that works just as well on the egg but at home why buy a second pot if i already have this one that works well enough on the egg.
    fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Bar Keeper's Friend works too. I also have the Le Crueset CI cleaner. It pulls the polymerized oil on the bottom of the pot right off. I have seen it get mixed reviews, but it works well for me. Ingredients say that it contains a "weak acid" which I am guessing is oxalic acid; just like BKF. They buffer it up from a pH of 1.4. I make a slurry with the BKF and let it sit for a minute. I wipe and it's as good as new.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Bar Keeper's Friend works too. I also have the Le Crueset CI cleaner. It pulls the polymerized oil on the bottom of the pot right off. I have seen it get mixed reviews, but it works well for me. Ingredients say that it contains a "weak acid" which I am guessing is oxalic acid; just like BKF. They buffer it up from a pH of 1.4. I make a slurry with the BKF and let it sit for a minute. I wipe and it's as good as new.
    your making cleaning a pot sound like work, i didnt even have to put my beer down for this
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited February 2013
    Options
    A little work(~2 minutes) but messing with bleach while drinking means white spots on my clothes or this:

;)
  • yumdinger
    Options
    This week I made Cow Lick Chili.  7 qt LeCreuset was caked with smoke.  I used a Mr Clean Magic eraser and it worked Great!!!  Clean in no time at all.
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    I use BKF, too. If you keep on top of it, you're good to go. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Easy off oven cleaner. Spray and let sit 5 minutes and rinse.