Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

cleaning lecruesett

seen mention before about the stains in the enameled cookware and people complaining about it. bleach and warm water for 24 hours fixes this

Comments

• Sweet! I have always used an oxy-clean soak but that doesn't seem to be cutting it anymore. I think the enamel has worn off mine but will try this and report back.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,511
    i didnt soak the whole pot, just left it stove top with the cover on, added more bleach half way thru and put the cover back on. almost think some plastic wrap of the top might keep the chlorine levels higher so that it doesnt dissipate
  • Those pots are a little too expensive to be using in an Egg.  Lodge pots are cheaper and do just as good a job,

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    Those pots are a little too expensive to be using in an Egg.  Lodge pots are cheaper and do just as good a job,
    but the lodge wont cook as nice on my simmer plate indoors
    :Di do have a knockoff at camp that works just as well on the egg but at home why buy a second pot if i already have this one that works well enough on the egg.
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,561
    Bar Keeper's Friend works too. I also have the Le Crueset CI cleaner. It pulls the polymerized oil on the bottom of the pot right off. I have seen it get mixed reviews, but it works well for me. Ingredients say that it contains a "weak acid" which I am guessing is oxalic acid; just like BKF. They buffer it up from a pH of 1.4. I make a slurry with the BKF and let it sit for a minute. I wipe and it's as good as new.
    Bar Keeper's Friend works too. I also have the Le Crueset CI cleaner. It pulls the polymerized oil on the bottom of the pot right off. I have seen it get mixed reviews, but it works well for me. Ingredients say that it contains a "weak acid" which I am guessing is oxalic acid; just like BKF. They buffer it up from a pH of 1.4. I make a slurry with the BKF and let it sit for a minute. I wipe and it's as good as new.
    your making cleaning a pot sound like work, i didnt even have to put my beer down for this
    :D
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,561
    edited February 2013
    A little work(~2 minutes) but messing with bleach while drinking means white spots on my clothes or this:

;)
  • This week I made Cow Lick Chili.  7 qt LeCreuset was caked with smoke.  I used a Mr Clean Magic eraser and it worked Great!!!  Clean in no time at all.
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 860
    I use BKF, too. If you keep on top of it, you're good to go. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • LitLit Posts: 4,111
    Easy off oven cleaner. Spray and let sit 5 minutes and rinse.