Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has anybody used ...

The rubs from tastylicksbbq ? Mostly curious of the black bart, flying swine, and ribilicious rubs.

Thanks

Comments

• chad408
    chad408 Posts: 140
    I have used the flying swine and it is very good. I use it on loins and chops.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

No, never tried them.  I get along real well with Dizzy Pig and Cluck & Squeal prducts.

There are a bunch of good ones out thee, but those are my favorites.

:x
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • pwg56
    pwg56 Posts: 93
    edited February 2013
    jaydub58 said:

No, never tried them.  I get along real well with Dizzy Pig and Cluck & Squeal prducts.

There are a bunch of good ones out thee, but those are my favorites.

Cluck and Squeal I hear a lot of good things about but it's a bit of a mystery to me. When you google the initial results only seems to have tastylicks as a place to buy it.  $9 for a bottle + $9.38 for the cheapest shipping available means it will most likely remain a mystery to me....
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Try Hornhonk (over on the "other forum", sorry).

It's been a while since I stocked up, but I don't recall shipping being that bad.

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Yeah I've used. It was a long time ago and mostly an experimental phase.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NoDak1959
    NoDak1959 Posts: 45
    edited February 2013
    henapple said:
    Yeah I've used. It was a long time ago and mostly an experimental phase.

Don't know if that applies here............but to each his own.

I've tried Dizzy Pig, Famous Dave's, and even McCormik applewood, sweet & smokey. I've liked them all but was just curious about others thoughts on the product line. Anyone with the time to look aroud the internet can find lots of sites with competition rubs from various sources that obviously have gone on to win and do well. I like to try lots of different things. You never know when you'll come upon a new favorite. This egg thing with cookin and eatin gets addictive.

:)) :)) :)) :))