Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Cabela's Customer Service

Recently ordered an injector and a grill light from them. I know it's not really related I BGE but they have a ton of food related items and a lot of us enjoy hunting and stuff.

They shipped my order in two ships cause the light was back ordered. Got the light yesterday and it was broke. Took pictures and called them expecting Trouble. A human answered the phone! Took my name order number and said they'd ship out a replacement today! Amazing and they were very professional and super nice.

Just wanted to give props to cabelas customer service.

XLBGE 

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Love going to that place. Like a kid in a toy store. Went to the one in Allen Saturday. Had almost no ammo in stock ('cept for shotguns), but that's not their fault. Its like that every where right now. (ended up going to 4 places to get ammo)

Nice to hear they have good customer service on shipped items.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    It is nice to hear good customer service is around. Big Green Egg is right up there with it!

I also had a great experience with the Wok Shop when I got the wok for my small egg. I ordered the longest handle spatula thinking to keep it away from the flame and got a email asking if it was to go with the small 12" wok I ordered. I said it was and they told me it was too big to fit the curve of the wok and I got $5 credited back to my card and the smaller spatula shipped with my wok. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Unusual to get that level of service in today's retail world, especially the fact "a human answered the phone". I've always found the store staff very helpful. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Unusual to get that level of service in today's retail world, especially the fact "a human answered the phone". I've always found the store staff very helpful. 

I was blown away when a live nice person that spoke English answered the phone.

XLBGE 
  • I have never been to the store. We don't have one anywhere near us, but I do order from their site a lot. I have always been happy with them and the level of service I have received.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167

Well, ir we're on customer service, I had trouble just a few weeks ago.  My Maverick remote thermometer stopped working over any distance from the BGE at all.  It was past the 90 day warranty, but I called them.  The person I spoke to daid to send it back and they would "chec k it out".  Not knowing what to expect, I sent it in.  That weekend my Barbecue Guru Party-Q went on the blink!  Wow, bad karma!  I e-mailed them, and got immediate response to snd it in for "resolution".  I did so, and just sat back.  Well in about six days, Donna at BBQ GURU called me, said the problem had been calibration.  She also said they were changing theire instructions for calibration at home.  She had re-calibrated my unit, and tested it for "several hours", and it was now performing spot on.  she sent it, along with the new instructions back to me.  Once I recieved the Party-Q and tested it (working perfectly), I was wondering about my Maverick; I hadn't heard anything from them.

I was literally dialling my phone to call them, whenmy doorbell rang.  UPS driver delivering my Maverick to me!  New, in the box, "replaced under warranty".

Tried a cook on it, it also works perfectly.

Very sorry to be so long-winded, but both of these companies deseerve "atta-boy"s for excellent customer service.

:-bd
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Griffin said:

Love going to that place. Like a kid in a toy store. Went to the one in Allen Saturday. Had almost no ammo in stock ('cept for shotguns), but that's not their fault. Its like that every where right now. (ended up going to 4 places to get ammo)

Nice to hear they have good customer service on shipped items.

Ammo...what's that. $1.50 for a .308 cartridge. Ammo or the egg?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Thanks for posting, a positive comment means as much to me , as a negative one!  And i buy from these people and the sell a lot of products related to outdoor cooking.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited February 2013

On our way to the Frozen Fest in Crosslake, MN last weekend we stopped at a Cabela's in Rogers, MN to have two rifles scoped for my friend's two sons.  The girls went to Cub Foods for food and booze, we stopped in on short notice to have these done and quickly wonder through the store.  A really pleasant, older gentlemen agreed to install them in about 30 minutes on a busy Friday morning after hearing of our dilemna having to travel 3 hours north to a cabin.  Cabela's policy no firearms may be stored overnight at the store.  20 minutes later we heard his name paged overhead that they were done.  We were blown away. 

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• In a day and age when "Customer Service" seems to be the most oxymoronic statement since "Jumbo Shrimp" it nice to hear or read something like you posted, MrCookingNurse! Like you. I've never had anything but positive experiences dealing with Cabelas. I'll continue to frequent their online site and catalogues! First rate company IMHO.
  • They're building a Cabelas 20 miles from my house.  Set to open in 2014.  Cannot wait.  I've never had any problems with them either.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• Great to hear.  The corporate hq is about an hour south of me in western Nebraska.  The founders still live in Sidney NE (pop. approx 7500)

Used to go to the Dundee, MI store.  235,000 sq ft of outdoor heaven.

Ernie McClain

Scottsbluff, Nebraska

(in the extreme western panhandle of NE)