Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well.... Crap

After following @dyal & @Hapster over the past few couple weeks. I've decided to do a brisket on Friday on into Saturday. So I'm sitting here on my 4th yuengling, and I check the weather for the above stated days and realize, it's gonna rain ALL Friday and the majority of Saturday. Wish I had snow to deal with.
Huntsville, Al LBGE

Comments

• hmmm, thats no good... im cooking butts all night friday and didn't even think about weather. are you covered at all our all out?  im under a little awning on the patio 

XLBGE 
  • Well I've got a "stoop". But once I get the egg and the table up under it, I have no where to sit and drink and stay dry. Cept inside and that's no fun. I may put up my little tent thing as long as it doesn't get windy I should be fine.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Can you set up an umbrella or something to keep the egg dry while you watch it from the stoop?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

:)  you guys take care of yerselves, the egg will be just fine.

As always, avoid hypothermia, drink lots of fluids. Stay warm.

Wait, booze?

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Just visit a MotoGP race and hire a "crumpet" to hold an umbrella over your Egg:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• @botch
    The wife has enough to say about my hobbies! If she walked by the patio and saw that I'd be a dead man.

XLBGE 
  • Botch said:

Just visit a MotoGP race and hire a "crumpet" to hold an umbrella over your Egg:

Holy $&?"

I have a 10x10 tent/canopy I bought for my daughter's softball games.

Sadly, I'm worried more abt staying dry than cooking a freaking brisket. Haha. Oops.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    I know any fireman patrolling this board would shat a brick, but on low and slows, I've left my Egg table at the edge of my garage and set up a box fan to blow most of e smoke outside. It's a 140 lb grill in a 150 lb table, and the fire is smoldering inside a ceramic casing. Unless, for some reason, the rules of combustion change overnight and flames can shoot out the top with the vent barely cracked, It's not dangerous at all. That eing said, even my nation bike smelt smoky the last time I did this. :D
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Mayberry
    Mayberry Posts: 750
    Mayberry said:
    I know any fireman patrolling this board would shat a brick, but on low and slows, I've left my Egg table at the edge of my garage and set up a box fan to blow most of e smoke outside. It's a 140 lb grill in a 150 lb table, and the fire is smoldering inside a ceramic casing. Unless, for some reason, the rules of combustion change overnight and flames can shoot out the top with the vent barely cracked, It's not dangerous at all. That eing said, even my nation bike smelt smoky the last time I did this. :D

Yeah, so my iPad isn't cooperating with me tonight. That last sentence was supposed to be That being said, even my mountain bike smelt smoky the last time I did this. Stupid autocorrect.
    Athens, GA
    XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited February 2013
    Having a cover is the answer, you stay dry, the egg stays dry and do not have to worry about Mother Nature watering down my Makers Mark.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • @mayberry I live in Clanton, alabama. Our firemen are only concerned with being invited. Hahaha.

I mean we have a water tower in the form of a peach, from one angle it looks like a rash on a butt.

Not that I have a rash on my butt.

SWMBO just rolled her eyes. Oops
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • It's a brisket, it's gonna cook for hours and you don't have to look every 30 minutes, the egg performs well in the rain. May have to engineer some protection for your Guru if your using one. Go for it You ain't gonna melt!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited February 2013
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    You can do it!! :D No thunder and lightening to worry about this time of year. Just rain. You can sit at your window, watch your egg and sip on your beverage. ;)
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Central_Bama_Egger Posts: 886
    edited February 2013
    That's pretty cool!! Just wanted some time outside, the egg and my dog has no attitude. Know what I mean???

On a lighter note. I pulled & warmed up the chicken from Friday night. Smothered in garland jacks sauce and slapped on a bun with tiger sauce. Very good
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Well they've updated the forecast to only showers. That's better than storms.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Get one of these, then pitch a canopy for yourself. They have Yuengling in LA (lower Alabama)? Must be nice.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • @Central_Bama_Egger

I use an EZ up canopy over my egg when it's raining. Works great, just smells like smoked meat when I'm done (not a problem). I hope to build a covered area on my deck soon, but the EZ up has been working great with all this darned rain! No worries of burning it on lower temp cooks, but on those high temp sears, I just move it a little so the heat isn't right under it.

I see you're from Clanton. I work for Hoover Fire Dept, and one of our Lieutanants also works for Clanton FD. Also, one of our Captains lives in Thorsby.
  • GQuiz said:

Get one of these, then pitch a canopy for yourself. They have Yuengling in LA (lower Alabama)? Must be nice.

Yes sir. As of last night, they had 6 less!!! Haha
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • @Central_Bama_Egger

I use an EZ up canopy over my egg when it's raining. Works great, just smells like smoked meat when I'm done (not a problem). I hope to build a covered area on my deck soon, but the EZ up has been working great with all this darned rain! No worries of burning it on lower temp cooks, but on those high temp sears, I just move it a little so the heat isn't right under it.

I see you're from Clanton. I work for Hoover Fire Dept, and one of our Lieutanants also works for Clanton FD. Also, one of our Captains lives in Thorsby.

EZ up is what I have. I couldn't think of what it was called.

I probably know them. What's they're name!
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Mark Thornton from Clanton, Clay Bentley from Thorby.
  • My boss and clay are good buddies. Mark Thornton sounds familiar.
    Huntsville, Al LBGE