Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who has a hot tub/spa? Pics

Aviator
Aviator Posts: 1,757

Like it says above, would like to see what the membership here has and models problems comments. Last year we rebuilt our deck and am looking for comments, suggestions on what who to stay away from.

This is in OT.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

Comments

• I sometimes do a beer hot tub for brats
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,168
    I would recommend you look at Sundance Spas-first one I had (different location) was still going strong at 15 years of operation when I sold the house (1998).  House had been a rental for the last 13 of the 15 years.  Needed minimal parts (new thermostat, some small sensors as I recall and the ever problematic covers) and that's about the extent of it.  Moved , installed a new Sundance in 1999 in the current house and with the exception of the circ pump needing replacement last fall (~ $400) and two flow switches (~ $200 total) and the ever problematic covers-that's been the extent.  Their warranty used to be (still is?) one of the best in the industry.  Of course, like cars-more and more unneeded accessories with every new model year. FWIW-YMMV.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Aviator said:

Like it says above, would like to see what the membership here has and models problems comments. Last year we rebuilt our deck and am looking for comments, suggestions on what who to stay away from.

This is in OT.

There is a guy on the other BGE forum that manufactures hot tubs. Pretty high quality from what I've seen. AZRP is his handle if you want to PM him there.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Central_Bama_Egger
    Central_Bama_Egger Posts: 886
    edited February 2013
    Old one here. Dynasty Spa, treated like crap, works like a champ. Don't know the model number. Was free. Ha
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • After 20 years we took ours out, I built a house for my egg on the pad. We just did not use it as much as we once did.
    Stay away from Waterway jets, make sure the jet assembly is easy to clean, replace and adjust. 
    I liked multiple pumps allowing zoned bubbles, great when only one or two are in a tub that can hold eight. 
    Use good chemicals and monitor the tub. We used bromine, SWMBO hates chlorine. There are lots of ways to keep it clean, just stick with it. Never had a pump failure or heater failure. Bring the tub to heat on a refill and then add chemicals - this way you are not running chemical over a red hot heater. 
    Consider where the filters are for easy access. 
    Consider where the drain is, if you use soap/tub cleaner make sure the drain will pull all the soap out, avoids a bubble show when you turn the air on. 
    Good luck.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • I owned a Hot Springs for years sold it a few yrs. ago. The model I recommend is the Hot Springs Aria
  • True dat! All this winter I've been watching the steam come out of it and listening to the hydro meter spin. We used to be in it all year.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Our Strong Spas model has held up well for us.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Man, Doc, you sure you have enough RO?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Actually I am about half way through the pile.  Was thinking of stocking up.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Don't get the Spa Monkey option.  They smell and tend to get upset when you try to get in the spa.

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/leroymcmillin/SpaMonkey-2.jpg[/IMG]

Just saying...

Spring "Some Accessories Aren't Worth Having" Chicken

Spring Texas USA

• Aviator
    Good suggestions. I think I will be going with the salt water system. Hotsprings ACE looks good.

Chattanooga, TN.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I don't know what kind it is but I use my neighbor's when they're out of town. It's nice.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I have a Masters Spa, no problems so far.It has 4 pumps, one is a circulation pump (runs all the time ) 2 pumps are 2 speed the third is one speed high flow for the "master blasters" in the bottom of the tub.
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • Aviator
    henapple said:
    I don't know what kind it is but I use my neighbor's when they're out of town. It's nice.

Thats a good one. Afterall, its all about conserving energy: a green planet. =))

Chattanooga, TN.