Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meatloaf and Stuffed Bell Peppers

Options
Got home from the Mardi Gras parade this afternoon and decided to fire up the Egg.. I had bought some pre-made meatloaf and green onion stuffed sausage bell peppers from a local butcher that I'd been wanting to check out.  So I threw them on the Egg at 350 on the raised grid.  I've never been a huge fan of bell pepper, unless it's completely cooked (something about the texture), but these were very good.  The meatloaf, my first on the Egg, though, was amazing.  I've been missing out on smoked meatloaf for sure.

imageimage
LBGE
MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com

Comments

• rolltideegghead
    Options
    Meatloaf is probably my favorite thing on the egg
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Looks good! I need to give meatloaf a try on the egg. I saw a stuffed pepper recipe on the food network today that I got stuff to make next week. Jealous of the parade. I usually go to Jazz Fest but haven't been to mardi gras yet..
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Scottborasjr
    Options
    For a lot of people meatloaf seems to be hit and miss on the egg.  Personally never tried it.  You have any tips rolltideegghead or bccomstock?
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • SmokinDAWG82
    Options
    Meatloaf looks good, I was personally hoping for pictures of the stuffed peppers, I need to try some of those SWMBO loves her some stuffed peppers
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    For a lot of people meatloaf seems to be hit and miss on the egg.  Personally never tried it.  You have any tips rolltideegghead or bccomstock?

Meatloaf on the Egg is good if you are starting out with a good meatloaf recipe. Just use one you know you already like and go light on the smoke.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• bccomstock
    bccomstock Posts: 338
    edited February 2013
    Options
    @SmokinDAWG82, here's a close up pic of the stuffed bell pepper.. Didn't come out too well with my phone.. It was basically just the pepper with the sausage in it.  During the cook, I think I had a hot spot in my coals that was under one of the peppers b/c the outside of it was getting cooked quicker than the other one.  I rotated them and they both finished about the same time.  And like I said, I'm not a huge bell pepper guy, but these had some great flavor to them.

@Scottborasjr, this was my first meatloaf, and I didn't even mix the meat and seasonings.. LOL.  It was really easy though as far as cooking on the Egg.. Just got the Egg to temp at 350 and put it on the raised rack (at gasket level essentially).. Took about an hour to cook.
    LBGE
    MS Gulf Coast - Proud member of the Who Dat Nation!
    My Not Frequently Updated Basically Dead Blog: http://datcue.wordpress.com