Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How Many Eggs Does It Take...

Options
To satisfy an Egghead? How many do you have?
Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA

Comments

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    2s working for me now. mini and a large.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    2 Large and 1 overworked Mini seems just right for me now. Have sold a Small and a Mini to get here.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Charlie tuna
    Options
    I ask the same thing???  I have a large and cook the main course, then add the sides that i want to cook on the egg at different times accordingly..  Some sides (squash) may be started BEFORE the main course. I'm guessing it may same me some lump on smaller cooks like steaks or chops, but those are the cooks i like to egg some of the sides???
  • Kempy
    Kempy Posts: 188
    Options
    Right now I just have the one large but SWMBO has given permission to purchase a mini.  I'm just waiting for a sale.  Local dealer wants about 425 for the mini and nest.  I think I can do better.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Kempy said:
    Right now I just have the one large but SWMBO has given permission to purchase a mini.  I'm just waiting for a sale.  Local dealer wants about 425 for the mini and nest.  I think I can do better.

At Salado Fest we are asking $399 with a nest. Is $26 worth looking and not enjoying it now?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    Um,   eight :\">

8???? Next time I'm in the Brampton area, I may have to take a sneak peak at what I can only assume heaven looks like.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Large / Small combo for me.

But all those great mini pictures are making the little guy pretty tempting to have a ultra portable egg  :-?
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    Options
    Large and small here, mini is looking tempting.
  • RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    Um,   eight :\">

It can't be possible to get them all in one pic! Wow!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    In truth I only use three of them right now. Two new larges at the office waiting for my table to be finished. The rest have been in the garage for a couple of years. Just got the deck finished this fall so they are coming out in the spring

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    one XL and one large would like to get a medium this spring 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Mickey
    Options
    In truth I only use three of them right now. Two new larges at the office waiting for my table to be finished. The rest have been in the garage for a couple of years. Just got the deck finished this fall so they are coming out in the spring
    Hope you carry a Mini home after Salado. Do like Beli and say it holds Granny's ashes on the airliner.

• RLeeper
    RLeeper Posts: 480
    Options
    I have a large, medium, and mini. Bought a small on CL on a great deal sold for a profit to almost buy the medium with even cash. Bought my dad a medium for Christmas so he can enjoy and I can have Egged food when I go back home, working on my in laws now for the same purpose!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Mini, small, large, and XL. Large and mini are in the garage in a rolling table and XL and small are out back.
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Large and a small here but thinking about an XL.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • smokesniffer
    Options
    It took a large first, and then a small. I think I am content. :-? When I grow up I want to be like Little Steven. :D
    Large, small, and a mini
  • SoCal_Griller
    Options
    A large right, now, but seriously considering adding a mini or a small.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I use all three of mine frequently, but the XL gets used the most.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Large and a small here but thinking about an XL.
    good taste  ;)
    canuckland
  • Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    Options
    Started out with a large then added a small and am happy with the flexibility that gives.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    dlk7 said:
    Two XLs work out perfectly for me.  I grill out every night, rain or shine, hot or cold.  Having two allows me to get them started, prep the food, grill, eat , and clean up all under two hours. I use both about 2 days each week when I'm doing different temps or low and slow on one and that night's dinner on the other.

Beautiful setup. Where are you? Scenery looks good too
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Have a large and the wife has given the green light on another of my choosing as long as I get my table/storage figured out. Going to get a SS cabinet with top to put between them and keep them in nests.

It's going to be another large or an XL.
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    personally I have 3, but we have 5 in the "family" so no matter who's house we are at we have an Egg available.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Have a large, but the wheels are turning re: getting a small. The economics of adding a mini instead are hard to ignore though.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    joe@bge said:

personally I have 3, but we have 5 in the "family" so no matter who's house we are at we have an Egg available.

Just about have my brother in law sold on an XL. Seeing as he's the one with the pool; that would be the best outcome.
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options

hapster said:
    Just about have my brother in law sold on an XL. Seeing as he's the one with the pool; that would be the best outcome.

That's how we got started with the Egg about 4 years ago...brother in law got one, then I got one, soon after the father in law got one, and we have another one at another relatives house.  I was hooked the first time I grilled with one...and now $1000's of dollars later...but I wouldn't trade my investment for any other grill.