Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New toys

I ordered a partyq and a maverick today. Guess ill be doing a low and slow sometime next week while I'm on vacation.

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Sounds like a fun vacation, staying at home or taking the egg somewhere? I love my digiQ and use it anytime I cook over an hour. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Let us know how you like the PartyQ. I've been flirting with the idea, but I do butts very infrequently, so I haven't pulled the trigger yet. The Maverick is absolutely indispensable to me. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • I've flirted with a stoker, but since discovery of turbo ribs/butt, I do all my cooks during the day and the Maverick does the temp/alert job just fine. I've still toyed with the idea as it does turn the egg into a charcoal powered "Ronco" oven, set it and forget it, maybe I just like semi-old-school BBQ where you watch the fire from time to time. Great idea for overnight cooks, the one tool you must have if you want any sleep. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I've used the partyQ on my drum smokers when doing overnight cooks, or to ramp the temp up quickly. It let me sleep overnight since I didn't have to wake up at night to stir the coals when the ash buildup started to choke it down. Need an adapter for the egg, so when I get that I might try it for an overnight cook. I did a pork butt overnight on the egg and it held pretty solid though, so I don't know how much I will need the partyQ.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • I wish the egg was portable I'd take it with me. We are going to visit friends and I'd love to have my egg with me and cook them a meal on it.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I wish the egg was portable I'd take it with me. We are going to visit friends and I'd love to have my egg with me and cook them a meal on it.
    That is why I am getting a mini. 35 lbs.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • I have a friend who has a mini that he doesn't use and I tried buying it from him with no luck yet.