Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Little Help guys

Bob923
Bob923 Posts: 23

I'm going to do my first beef Chuck or Rump Roast, any ideas out there would be appreciated.

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited February 2013

If you're talking about a chuck roast (beef shoulder), simply cook it just like you would a pork butt, only pull it at 205-210.  I cook mine at 250 grid temp (about 275 dome temp).  I rub right before I put it on and don't open the lid until it reaches temp.  Easy and the best "BBQ meat" you'll make on the egg, in my opinion.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Go to the recipe section on the Dizzy Pig website and look at Clays pulled beef, you won't be disappointed!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,174
    Try a search here (likely pretty weak) or google pulled beef and Big Green Egg in your query-lots of options but as @ChokeOnSmoke says-about the best you can do on the BGE.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.