Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Gazebo is Complete, Concrete is next

Hopefully the concrete will get done Thursday or Friday. They did a nice job, very detailed.

Comments

• very nice!
    Brandon, MS
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Nice Plano!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Cool
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Keep us informed please.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Yep. I could see myself Eggin under there.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Very nice! Can't wait to see the finished product with some smoke rolling out from under it!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • Plano_JJ
    Plano_JJ Posts: 448
    Thanks for all the comments, cant wait to see the smoke rollin myself. Wish the weather would straighten up a bit so we can get done.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Very nice indeed, JJ! So when its done, you are going to have all the DFW regulars up for a cookout?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    edited February 2013
    Griffin said:
    Very nice indeed, JJ! So when its done, you are going to have all the DFW regulars up for a cookout?
    If Griffin gets to come, I want an invatation. Hell, I will invite to you to come to Salado EggFest on March 16th. Come meet lots of the forum members. I will charge your tickets to Griffin, he will not know the difference. (ok, it's free. I will charge your beer to Griffin)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Griffin
    @Mickey - 'ceptin Griffin may or may not be there. We'll see how the visit to the doc goes tomorrow.

Rowlett, Texas

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Looks like a perfect place to do some egging! Nicely done!  =D>
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Mickey
    Griffin said:
    @Mickey - 'ceptin Griffin may or may not be there. We'll see how the visit to the doc goes tomorrow.
    Make it a several hour stay if you cant spend the night... We want you here to bal out the trouble makers.

• Griffin
    Me and @TUTTLE871 have been talking that over, although I don't know how well we would balance out the troublemakers, 'specially if he brings that shine o' his. The stuff nearly killed me the other night. Makes that apple pie moonshine that's been floating around the fests look like apple juice. :ar!

Rowlett, Texas

• Plano_JJ

Concrete is coming friday. Cant make the Salado deal but will definitely be at the Plano Eggfest this year.

• Plano_JJ
    Griffin said:
    Never know what may go down
    :-SS
  • I'm in SC but I may try to fly to one of the bigger egg fest next year. Make a min vacation out of it
    Boom
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Nice looking grill gazebo JJ. Looks like an upscale version of the one I did, or perhaps the one I would have done if I had more money. I hope you enjoy many fine cooks in it.

Two questions if I may: What is the footprint-do I remember 10'x10'? What is the height to the horizontal beams supporting the roof?

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Plano_JJ
    jfm0830 said:
    Nice looking grill gazebo JJ. Looks like an upscale version of the one I did, or perhaps the one I would have done if I had more money. I hope you enjoy many fine cooks in it.

Two questions if I may: What is the footprint-do I remember 10'x10'? What is the height to the horizontal beams supporting the roof?

Jim
    Thanks Jim, it is a little more fancy than I had imagined. A pleasant surprise I guess.The footprint of the concrete slab will be 10x10, the posts are 8' apart. I could have done them 10' apart but I would have lost the overhang. I think the height is around 8-1/2-9' to the beams. 
  • Nice man. What's your plans for staining or protecting?

XLBGE 
  • Nice cook shack, enjoy it!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Plano_JJ said:
    Thanks for all the comments, cant wait to see the smoke rollin myself. Wish the weather would straighten up a bit so we can get done.

Tin roof?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Chubbs said:

Plano_JJ said:

Tin roof?

My money is on arcitectual shingles :-?

XLBGE 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Looks awesome! I've been contemplating on how to spruce up my egg station as well. :)
  • Plano_JJ
    Yes, shingles per the HOA which is a joke. Just beyond my fence are more violations than I care to elaborate on. It will be sealed and stained with a super cedar dark stain from Texas wood products. It was included in the price. If it doesn't last, it will get a good coat of paint like my fence.
    Thanks for all the comments, I will hopefully be able to post pics on friday if they get the concrete poured. Gotta start looking for lights now. I like the solar option like Solson has but I will probably end up running power out there so I can install a ceiling fan and a couple of power outlets.
  • jfm0830
    One more question. I can't see wether you have a ridge vent or not?  Despite mine being 8'-6" to the beam (similar to yours) quite a bit of smoke still goes out the ridge vent. Hopefully a ridge vent was a given for your contractor, but if it wasn't do have one put in.

I am trying to decide wether to come up with some sort of solution for temporary wind screens or sides for mine. The 8'-6" height is good for getting rid of smoke but quite a bit of rain or snow make it inside. My EZ-Up was 6'-6" which was good for keeping the rain out, but I was thinking I would die of black lung. Standing in the middle I am high and dry from the knees up, but I was a bit surprised at the amount of snow that come in. I don't want something permanent cause I like the openness. I'll get a better idea of my snow issues this weekend, when we are expecting 24-30" of snow. 

Actually temporary sides are second on the list to lighting. We were having work done on the inside of the house when I had my gazebo built, so I had a limited budget. I want to use some nice exterior pendant mounted fixtures, but I am finding adding the word "exterior" to the description doubles the price. I am also looking into the best way to run the wiring so it doesn't detract from the look of the gazebo. I don't mind it being exposed but I want it run cleanly and neatly in a way that looks planned and not as an afterthought. Funny you mentioned ceiling fans, I don't need those in my climate. Space heaters yes (just kidding), ceiling fan no. 
  • jfm0830
    Dyal_SC said:
    Looks awesome! I've been contemplating on how to spruce up my egg station as well. :)
    @Dyal_SC I take it your grill gazebo made it through your recent storms & high winds in good shape? It had to be bad if you were moving your Egg indoors. 

As you may remember I really hoped to be able to use two like yours somehow joined together. But with predictions of 24"-30" of snow & 60MPH winds predicted for Friday into Saturday I am glad I have  a stick built solution.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    @jfm0830, yup, it held up.  I've had upwards of 60 mph winds since I've had it, and nothing has budged it.  I've been thinking about acid staining my concrete patio.  I may bolt the gazebo into place when I do that, just to be safe.