Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why do we have to be approved?

Options
2»

Comments

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    I never got it.  I feel left out. :(

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    Either I'm being naive of your tinfoil is on too tight. I downloaded all 6 volumes of Modernist Cuisine months ago and everything is TOTALLY fine on my computer at home. They are all currently on my iPad and I'm enjoying them very much. And I have not had any issues posting anything I want to here. OP says he never got any book links and he's bitching about the posting problems....how does that fit into your theory?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Either I'm being naive of your tinfoil is on too tight. I downloaded all 6 volumes of Modernist Cuisine months ago and everything is TOTALLY fine on my computer at home. They are all currently on my iPad and I'm enjoying them very much. And I have not had any issues posting anything I want to here. OP says he never got any book links and he's @#!*% about the posting problems....how does that fit into your theory?
    delete this post right now...........you don't want it in writing when the MC people come calling about illegal book downloads
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    MQ- It may have nothing to do with the downloads, but ask yourself this: Why would a well known hacker/forum hater/malcontent suddenly show up with dozens of free downloads of $800 books to people he does not know and people he has antagonized in the past? It's not about attacking your computer (yet) - it's about the forum. He's hijacked the forum and all these "approval" issues are not from the forum, they are a hack job from our buddy. Find it interesting that AyAyron gone completely silent since this started? I do. Find it interesting that a few weeks after he grew a heart and sent out dozens of copies of pirated e-books that the forum is hacked? I do. I received an email last night from someone who received the gift from our friend and he was so freaked out by if because he has never even heard of Tweev or AyAyron and was wondering why this person would send him an $800 ebook. Well, we should all wonder why he would send you a free $800 ebook. he was nice enough to send me others as well. The forum is hacked and I'll bet you any amount of money the ebooks have something to do with it. If they don't, it's just a smoke screen for the guy doing the hacking.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    and you are naive :) I don't wear tinfoil. I know a hack job when i see one and I know damn well better than to open anything that appears to be a generous gift from a well known forum hacker.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    >:)
    I'm dead serious about deleting that post if you can. you really don't want to advertise that on a forum. That download was not legal and the book was stolen

• Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    Now you just sound like the Internet police. I've illegally downloaded lots of books, music, movies, etc. that's what the web is for, right?
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Now you just sound like the Internet police. I've illegally downloaded lots of books, music, movies, etc. that's what the web is for, right?
    I can appreciate what Cen-Tex is saying. It's not like members passwords haven't been hacked before. We at least know that these types of shenanigans are possible.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    There have been a few "members" go silent in the past few weeks, with the exception of an OT post about firearms and firearm accessories.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Anyone noticed this started roughly after the mangrate saga...we should've bought one.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I was having all sorts of issues posting on the BGE forum, then I cooked myself a hamburger using mangrates and I can now post at will. Thank you mangrates.
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Mangrates got my car out of the snow this morning. Thank you Mangrates.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited February 2013
    Options

I used to be a loud-mouthed lout.  Then Wilma hit me over the head with mangrates.  Now I'm the most interesting man in the world.  Thank you Mangrates!

Stay with Mangrates my friend!

Flint, Michigan