Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shady Maple Brisket Sale

Shiff
Shiff Posts: 1,835
If any of you live in the area of Lancaster, PA, and are looking for briskets, Shady Maple is having a sale on Packer cut Beef Briskets this week at $3.00/pound. I was just there and bought one (I wish I had more room in the freezer).  They are USDA Choice and they had about 25 in the cooler near the butcher area.  They ranged in size from 13 to 18 pounds although there were probably a few smaller and larger than that.

Here is their web page:  http://www.shady-maple.com/farm-market/

The sale ends on Tuesday, January 22.
Large BGE
Barry, Lancaster, PA

Comments

• DAMN - I used to live sooooo close to Shady Maple. Bummer.
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Man I miss that place...
    Dunedin, FL
  • MattyMc
    MattyMc Posts: 81
    I've neven been but can't be more than 30 minutes away. I was looking at the ad that came in the mail this weekend after hapster was talking about it. How is it? What is the store like? Is it usually really crowded?
    Chester County, PA
  • Don't forget to stop by the bakery for one, or more, of their new maple bacon chocolate long johns!

East Fallowfield PA

KCBS Master CBJ/CTC

Large and Small BGE

BBQ Guru Onyx Oven Smoker

Pit Barrel Cooker

• "I always like to gnaw on long johns" Lassie
    Flint, Michigan
  • Shiff
    MattyMc said:
    I've neven been but can't be more than 30 minutes away. I was looking at the ad that came in the mail this weekend after hapster was talking about it. How is it? What is the store like? Is it usually really crowded?
    It is a big complex.  The market is at one end of the property.  It is quite large and has nice produce (local stuff in season) section.  They also have a large bulk food area that has snack foods, spices, flour, and just about anything you can imagine.  They have a nice fish department and bakery as well as deli, cheese, etc.  Their meat department is quite good but you need to check  the grade of their meat before you buy it.  When they have a big sale, they sometimes are selling USDA Select or ungraded meats. The Brisket was USDA Choice, though.  I also noticed that some of their specials today were Sukarne brand which comes from young Mexican cattle (no USDA grade). I bought some once and it was terrible.

At the other end of the property there is a smorgasbord restaurant that serves breakfast,  lunch, and dinner. Very reasonably priced and good food.  VERY LARGE place.

There are also gift shops, a furniture store, a very large hardware store and probably more that I am forgetting.

The place  can be crowded,but they have a lot of parking near each part of the facility.

My wife and I have been going  here for almost 30 years and have seen it grow a lot over the years.  I have no financial stake in the place, just a happy customer.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • I've only ever eaten at the restaurant. The food is great. Wear an elastic waste band if you eat there. I want to check out the meat counter.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • MattyMc
    MattyMc Posts: 81
    Shiff - Thanks for the info I will have to check it out! The map says I am about 35 minutes away...near the Downingtown exit on the turnpike.
    Chester County, PA
  • Shiff
    That sounds about right.  Definitely worth the trip.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA