Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Rosie O'Donnell Project

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum

First dry age attempt in my kitchen fridge was a disaster.  Purchased a "compact" fridge/freezer for aging/curing, storage, etc.

Cut primal in half for eggsperimenting, foodsaver'd other half.  At least it won't be a total loss if things turn south?

To be cont'd hopefully in 45 days?

Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    Nice man....I'm about to mod an old fridge with temp and humidity controllers (and humidifier) so I can get into more salumi type stuff. http://curedmeats.blogspot.com/2007/07/key-equipment-piece-3-curing-chamber.html?m=1
  • Focker
    edited January 2013
    Options

Thanks MQ.  Look forward to your posts and mods.  Did you get Ruhlman's latest book?

Bookmarked your link.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    No, I haven't gotten the latest one yet. I want to have my setup ready first...I'm the type that will dive in head first so I want all gear ready so I can just roll right into producing. And just being clear, that blog link is what I'm modeling my system after...its not my blog (its a good one though) although I'd like to take credit for the food on it!
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    Love the stike reference, couldn't help but look.

@Mighty_Quinn thanks for the link... pretty cool info.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

Brandon,

I just use the beer fridge man. N'ought to worry about.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Stike reference?  I dunt see it.

MQ - I just love making stuff like that.  I've been in the planning stages....keep us informed.  I love to piggyback off other people's experience, saves me time and money :)  (and I figure I do enough crazy scientist/inventor sh*t that I've paid my dues..).  :)
    edited January 2013
    Options
    @nolaegghead  Photo has been deleted from photobook in old post about avatars, but stike once posted a pic of the great Miss O'Donnel when someone noted they were surprised that he didn't use one of his dry aged pics for his profile. I believe he said something like "If dry age beef is what you like than here you go" and we had a cute pic of Rosie with an "I love stike" on her tee shirt. It was pretty funny and disgusting all at the same time... hence the reference
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Aaah....gotchya.  Sadly, Stike (damn him) severed all the links to photophuckit or whatever service he used for image hosting, thereby rendering any public proof that it happened null and void. 
    Options
    Perhaps he has transfigured himself into the mangrate. Once again the omnipotent and omnipresent force on the forum.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Naw.  He'd rather carve giant squash, collect rare books and lecture young impressionable architectural illustrators on perspective and layout.  And how they're complete idiots. :D  And incubate rotten meat.
    Options

Either way the Rosie thread with stike was funny-and that image could "turn a train down a dirt road".

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Nice pick up Brownie. I didn't make the connection until you rattled my cage a little. Funny stuff, Focker
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Focker
    Options

Brandon,

I just use the beer fridge man. N'ought to worry about.

Steve

You must not drink much.  All that extra room for dry aging....keeping the door opening to a minimum.   ;)   j/k
    Brandon
    Quad Cities