Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

look what mangrates did to the forum

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited January 2013
    Got here today to let people use at the Salado EggFest March 16th and then give away. This package was heavy. Had 4 4X15 grates and a brush in it. Told VI I would send him two to try out and bring back to the Fest in March Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited January 2013
    not able to post pics..............
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    That's better than the jelly of the month club.

It will truly be the gift that keeps on giving!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Has anyone let them know the egg is round? Why are they round? A square egg would hurt like hell coming out.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    henapple said:
    Has anyone let them know the egg is round? Why are they round? A square egg would hurt like hell coming out.

I don't even want to know what you are talking about X_X

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    darn, the notification from support is flooding my inbox
    :-O
    canuckland
  • Eggcelsior
    Don't make me crash the server again.
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Can't get enough of those sugar mangrates!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

500 Posts: 3,177
    I might Mangrate the Mangrate out of this if the Mangrating thing were round and fit into the Mangrating Egg.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Eggcelsior
    Hopefully they do. I can't mangrating wait to mangrate the mangrate on my Mangrate inside the mangratingly wonderful Egg.
  • Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Mickey said:
    Got here today to let people use at the Salado EggFest March 16th and then give away. This package was heavy. Had 4 4X15 grates and a brush in it. Told VI I would send him two to try out and bring back to the Fest in March Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Are you going to take them for a spin Mickey? I am intrigued! Do a nice rib eye or something, you can still give them away at the eggfest.
  • Gezr
    Gezr Posts: 154
    Don''t know about the grate, but like the brush.
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.

Afton, VA
  • Mickey
    edited January 2013

Stoater I am sending  half the set today to Village Idiot to try out as I am not at all interested in CI (don't use what I have at all anymore). That way he has time to try out, everyone respects his cooking and he can report to the forum. Then bring to Salado for others to use. Will give the other half to Travis when he gets back from Ca. if he likes them or to CenTex one. Reason for them so I  am not out $15 to mail.

Gezr I would stay away from ANY brush like that after reading all the people who get that wire in their stomachs and end up in the ER. Not saying Mangrate's brush would do that, but others do. I do not use any wire brush anymore.

• Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Sounds like a plan, you not tempted just a little?
  • Mickey
    Stoater said:
    Sounds like a plan, you not tempted just a little?

Nope. I have went to SS only. Can live w/o grill marks and don't have to move the CI. Hell the package they sent was just one set and I am divideing it between those two and still heavy as hell. All that plus you saw the pic's of my DFMT.

• Mickey said:

Stoater I am sending  half the set today to Village Idiot to try out as I am not at all interested in CI (don't use what I have at all anymore). That way he has time to try out, everyone respects his cooking and he can report to the forum. Then bring to Salado for others to use. Will give the other half to Travis when he gets back from Ca. if he likes them or to CenTex one. Reason for them so I  am not out $15 to mail.

Gezr I would stay away from ANY brush like that after reading all the people who get that wire in their stomachs and end up in the ER. Not saying Mangrate's brush would do that, but others do. I do not use any wire brush anymore.

Pass, but thank you for your consideration.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'm really disappointed that Peyton Mangrate won't be in the playoffs anymore.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    edited January 2013
    Me too. It's okay though. Logan Mangrates is still in it to win it.

• AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Ehh....even though I live in NH.....I  do NOT want to see those Mangrating Patriots to win!
  • Eggcelsior
    Well, there is always Navarro Bowmangrate....

• Eggcelsior
    Or even Kroy Biermangrate.

He is quite popular after being featured on "Real Housewives of Mangrate-lanta"
  • Mickey
    edited January 2013

Mangrate change 6.2d. 3

Working with the Mangrates sent for the Salado EggFest will be CenTex and Travis. Each will take 2 grates and use in anyway they decide, want, or is made to feel bad about. They will bring to the Salado EggFest March 15th or 16th and others may use them.

It has been inscribed, it will be..............................Mangrate

For their trouble I will pay half the meal ticket at a Korean place in Killeen for lunch and we will talk about VI.

• Are we sure that Mangrates is one word, and not two?  I'm getting a tattoo that says "Mangrates" and I want to make absolutely sure I'm spelling it right.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Eggcelsior
    I hear that the Mandarin translation is difficult. I would avoid Chinese characters.
  • Mickey
    edited January 2013
    Are we sure that Mangrates is one word, and not two?  I'm getting a tattoo that says "Mangrates" and I want to make absolutely sure I'm spelling it right.
    Now that I think about it, this may not be the best example as it is a .com address. But looking at the info sent with it. ONE WORD Sir....

• Mickey
    When I ask where, I don't mean Houston area but where on Gary is the tattoo? I want one as well and would better if we got them alike.

• I hear that the Mandarin translation is difficult. I would avoid Chinese characters.
    I don't do Chinese lettering tattoos anymore.  I got one on my upper arm that was supposed to say "Born To Ride", but after I got it, a Chinese friend of mine said it reads "Beef With Broccoli".   :((

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey said:
    When I ask where, I don't mean Houston area but where on Gary is the tattoo? I want one as well and would better if we got them alike.
    Mickey,
    I don't think the location would work for you.  For you, maybe the letters "MG".  On mine, I want it to say "Mangrates", but when I get excited, I want it to read "Mangrates, the best darned cast iron grid in the United States".  

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    henapple said:
    I'm really disappointed that Peyton Mangrate won't be in the playoffs anymore.
    You can get your daily dose from him here.  

Also, I think Mike McCarthy meant mangrate instead of manhole.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Mickey said:
    Mickey,
    I don't think the location would work for you.  For you, maybe the letters "MG".  On mine, I want it to say "Mangrates", but when I get excited, I want it to read "Mangrates, the best darned cast iron grid in the United States".  
    Reminds me of the MIT tattoo joke ;)