Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef and Chicken Wok

Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Haven't wok'ed in a long time.  Did beef and chicken tonight.  It had asparagus, broccoli, shredded carrot, snow peas, onions, peppers, and mushrooms.  I seldom follow a recipe, I just use what looks good.  I used an off the shelf sesame and ginger sauce (which I was worried about but turned out good).  Ginger, garlic and peanut oil of course.

This was the hottest wok I've ever done,  I mean flames in the wok hot.  I got away with only one little burn.  I moved the wok from the heat to rest in my cold LBGE wearing Ovgloves and using welding gloves like pot holders.

Flash photography killed the flames in the pics, but it was roaring all around, and I was wearing welding gloves to stir.

This turned out darned good.  The meat was well seared, the veggies cooked, and the mushrooms al dente.

Read the captions on the pics to see how it went.  A lot of pics so it will take me a few minutes to post.

BTW that really is tea in the cup.

Pics to follow.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments