Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Ragu's Last Baby Back Rib Recipe You Will Ever Need

Big Ragu
Big Ragu Posts: 148

This recipe is a compilation of several BGE forum recipes and some trial and error. I promise that if you follow this simple recipe you will be extremely satisfied with the result. I would not put a 5 hour recipe on the site unless I believed it would give you foolproof results. I typically just cook for my wife and myself so the recipe is for one rack but can be expanded if needed. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Ingredients:

1 rack Baby back ribs membrane removed

1/4 cup apple juice

1/8 cup honey

1/4 cup light brown sugar

Your favorite rib rib (I use dizzys coffee infused rub)

1 tbsp butter

1 beer

Cover ribs both sides with rub, pressing in while applying.  Wrap loosely in foil and refrigerate overnight.  Set up egg indirect at 225-250.  Cut rack in half and place ribs in a rack. Under the grill grate on top of the plate setter rest an aluminum pan that has one beer and 12oz of water (you can experiment with different liquids).  Place a few of your favorite wood chunks or chips and let the ribs smoke for 2.5 hrs.  After 2.5 hrs remove from rack and baste with honey and press in brown sugar.   Then wrap both racks loosely in the same foil pouch (leave crowned side up to minimize foil and moisture contact with the meat).  Before sealing the ribs place butter and apple juice in the pouch then seal tightly (you can experiment with other juices/nectars/spirits).  Place back on egg 2 more hours still indirect 225-250.  After 2 hours remove from foil and place back in rack for 30-45 min.  This final step will ensure that you keep a crispy bark.  I prefer to remove rest for 10 minutes and then slice and sauce.  Of course you could baste them toward the end of this last phase if you prefer more stuck on sauce.  These ribs will not require a lot of sauce to be outstanding.  Enjoy!   

Comments