Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tables for Purchase?

Options
I'm looking to obtain a table for my large egg.  As much as I'd like to build one myself, I'm pretty sure I lack both the space and the tools to do this properly.  After a bit of searching, it seems there aren't a whole lot of people making these for sale.  Unfortunately I have not had much luck identifying a local retailer who sells them as well.  

Do any of you have suggestions for online retailers for these?  I'd be much more interested in small businesses/craftsmen than any kind of large retailer.  About the only thing I've found so far is JS Designs.  If any of you have any experience with them, I'd love to hear about it.  

Thanks!

John
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited January 2013
    Options
    I would suggest finding a local cabinet maker and taking him a design from the forum with measurements. This will likely be cheaper than ordering online as well. For a REALLY basic table(think picnic table) "John the Table Guy" is based out of Charleston. I don't where you are in relation to your doppelganger, but I found the association slightly humorous. It's like it was made for you!

:))
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Thanks - that's not a bad suggestion.  
  • REMtx
    REMtx Posts: 63
    Options
    I actually bought my table from JS Designs before I bought my large egg. I new I wanted a table before I got it, and didn't have much tools to do it with. So I checked JS Designs and liked what I saw. It came well packed in separate boxes and was easy to put together.  I sanded it a bit down put a dark Australian Timber Oil finish on it.   Price-wise from what I've researched it was a better bargain than if I bought the table BGE company offers, and that's including the rather expensive shipping (three heavy boxes after all). JS Designs were real courteous over the phone when taking my order and had no problem emailing me an invoice (for home insurance purposes) after I took delivery when I requested it. If you build a table yourself or have a more local guy, build one you can of course save even more money.
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Hey John if I remember aren't you in NC? Like Asheville or something? I live in Columbia and there is a guy on Craigslist who makes them. Could see how far away he is. And like wggcelsior said could try local cabinet maker too. Could also post on Craigslist under Wanted. I'm sure would easily find a local handy man willing to make it for extra money on the side.
    Boom
  • mwraulst
    mwraulst Posts: 131
    Options

there's a guy selling them in auburn GA for 220 bucks and they are cypress tables. Auburn is slightly north east of atlanta. for the price they are worth the drive. i think the price may only be good till the end of the month.

http://cypressgrilltables.com/Our_Products.html

I'm headed down on the 21st to pick one up.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options