Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

some diet cooks

going the atkins route, no carbs for a few weeks

some bulgogi with eggs and some with shrooms, seems to help with the small plates

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    That Sir is not looking "DIET"..............
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Looks good- do you have a recipe?
    Greensboro, NC
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,669
    Mickey said:
    That Sir is not looking "DIET"..............
    going for big flavor, high protien, no carbs, smaller portions and eating three times a day instead of once. all the salt probably aint to great but it works for me
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Wolfpack said:
    its a korean rib recipe from the dizzy site. i used beef cut terryaki style, 1/4 cup sesame seeds toasted, some green onion, equal parts soy and sesame oil (i used the hot sesame oil for more flavor). in a baggy over night. this is on the weight loss forum so the unofficial rule is it doesnt have to be cooked on the egg but put those on some sticks and egg them hot for a minute and they are done

fukahwee maine

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Wolfpack said:
    its a korean rib recipe from the dizzy site. i used beef cut terryaki style, 1/4 cup sesame seeds toasted, some green onion, equal parts soy and sesame oil (i used the hot sesame oil for more flavor). in a baggy over night. this is on the weight loss forum so the unofficial rule is it doesnt have to be cooked on the egg but put those on some sticks and egg them hot for a minute and they are done

Probably a dumb question, but do you ask your butcher to cut it "terriyaki style"?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • fishlessman
    Chubbs said:
    Wolfpack said:

Probably a dumb question, but do you ask your butcher to cut it "terriyaki style"?
    i just find these precut in the supermarket, i think they are a sirloin cut, fall apart temder cut this way. ive cut my own before with ribeyes and they are even better but for all the flavor in this its not needed
    fukahwee maine

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    After seeing this one I had to try- slight variation i used Skirt steak and 1/2 cup soy, 1/2 cup toasted sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, and maybe 2 tbls of Truvia (sugar substitute), a sliced green onion, and grilled direct at about 500. Really was good. Will definitely make again.
    Greensboro, NC