Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2013 New Years Prime Rib - (Pic Heavy)

Options
DMurf
DMurf Posts: 481
I love cooking on my EGG and through many issues this past year I have not cooked as often as I have in the past and I have started to lurk here on the forum more and more. Well as it has been said no pictures it didn't happen.

Here is a before shot of the roast, I know there are not any bones but this is what Sam's Club had to offer and I am glad to have it. The spices are simple Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Rosemary blend and Olive Oil to make a paste.

Here is the shot of the roast all slathered up with the past waiting on the EGG to come to temp, as a precaution I calibrated my dome and remote thermometers before starting the cook.

Now onto the EGG at 350 with the platesetter legs up and a drip pan underneath. I added three (3) chunks of Hickory for the smoke.

After about three (3) hours the internal temp was at 115 and time to come off the EGG!

Now for a rest while I get the remainder of the meal ready, I covered in foil and let it sit.

While the roast rested I put some 16 count shrimp on the EGG, I just shelled the shrimp no seasonings were needed.

When the Shrimp were done the Prime Rib was ready to be sliced.

Now plated and ready to eat...

This was the first time I have ever cooked Lobster in my life and it was fantastic! The shrimp were declared the best and the Prime Rib, well it was cooked on a EGG with very little done to it so of course it was phenominal with plenty left over for sandwiches.

I hope that everyone has had a safe and rewarding New Years and here is to our continued success in 2013!
David
BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.

Comments